vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Night Caches

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    And don't forget about the "devil dog!"
    Jake... The devil dog is dead, nothing more to worry about.... except *gulp* the ghost of devil dog!!! AHHHH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Just hot chocolate?
    hasn't anyone ever told you to not just a book by it's cover??? It's what's in the hot chocolate that counts!!!...... MARSHMALLOWS!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I don't know what there is for other caches around the University. But the trails are in use all time night and day by students, faculty, staff and everyone else out biking, running, skiing or just commuting back and forth to Old Town etc.

Back in the day, we did a fair amount of nighttime camping and other outdoor rec/ed activities out there with Maine Bound.

The University Police might happen upon you but there would be no hassle. Check with N1WTQ, he works at UMPD and is a geocacher. He would probably be psyched about it and would certainly help you out.

As an added bonus, folks could stop by the observatory and peer through the telescope for some guided viewing from the astronomy students.

I would look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macmo View Post
    I don't know what there is for other caches around the University. But the trails are in use all time night and day by students, faculty, staff and everyone else out biking, running, skiing or just commuting back and forth to Old Town etc.

Back in the day, we did a fair amount of nighttime camping and other outdoor rec/ed activities out there with Maine Bound.

The University Police might happen upon you but there would be no hassle. Check with N1WTQ, he works at UMPD and is a geocacher. He would probably be psyched about it and would certainly help you out.

As an added bonus, folks could stop by the observatory and peer through the telescope for some guided viewing from the astronomy students.

I would look forward to it.

not a bad idea, thanks for the info.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

becket, firefighterjake and I just did the Osgood night cache. I am perhaps a duhhh but I marvelled at those little reflective "tacks". In talking with my daughter of Francis Family she said they are quite readily available (hunters use them?).

That Osgood cache was a blast - it was just a little steep for me. But the directions very clear, save and a nice area. I think the University sounds good - the trails, or the ones I have been on, have been at fairly flat.

Just some thoughts. I love night caching.