vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Armed and ready

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    . . . and set up a few machine gun nests, a mine field and string up some barbed wire.
    Hey, you and I think a lot alike!!

I suspect getting a spot here in early to mid-October shouldn't be an issue anyways since most of the summer campers will have packed it up long ago. Again, only my opinion.
    and le't not go there Mr. Youguysneedtocampatomahabeach.....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Hey, you and I think a lot alike!!

and le't not go there Mr. Youguysneedtocampatomahabeach.....
    Well I have been wrong before . . . but I tell ya I still think those spots would be open . . . or just do what I sometimes do . . . pick a road off the Golden Road, drive up in as far as you want/can and then pitch a tent off the beaten path.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

Well I have been wrong before . . . but I tell ya I still think those spots would be open . . . or just do what I sometimes do . . . pick a road off the Golden Road, drive up in as far as you want/can and then pitch a tent off the beaten path.

If you are determined to use a campsite that is full you could always act like the state Natural Resources Defense Council and tell them that the area has been quarenteened because of contamination of some sort. Not that I would know if that worked , but it could

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    If you are determined to use a campsite that is full you could always act like the state Natural Resources Defense Council and tell them that the area has been quarenteened because of contamination of some sort. Not that I would know if that worked , but it could
    Yeah... some uhhh contanimants have become introduced to the river from the power station further upstream... we're going to have to ask everyone to evacuate... all the good looking women can stay....

haha! hey Rick, I think I have now made my boss a Hi-Point convert too!! He was in total disbelief as I was explaining the guns (and the prices) and now he's making a side trip in solon on his way up to camp this weekend. Anyone that talks crap about Hi-Point either hasn't ever used one, doesnt know anythign about them... or is just a fool... and i pitty da foo

Don't let Jeff Cooper hear you say that! 1911 all the way--that tiny .35 is for sissys! (Man, I miss my old Series '70 Gold Cup!).

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    Don't let Jeff Cooper hear you say that! 1911 all the way--that tiny .35 is for sissys! (Man, I miss my old Series '70 Gold Cup!).
    well you know what they say about the old dogs with attitudes....
    who said anything about a .35? Rick and I just bought a couple of .40's (and i've got a hi-point 9mm comp, and carbine) admit it... they're good stuff!

Well, it IS a John Browing design, so it's not all bad ;-)

A .40 still isn't a .45, but I will admit to carrying my snubby .38 much more often than my .45 back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    Well, it IS a John Browing design, so it's not all bad ;-)

A .40 still isn't a .45, but I will admit to carrying my snubby .38 much more often than my .45 back in the day.
    Well... if I had to choose... I'd rather have a BAR...

Nothing wrong with a snub, that's just about all i carry (because it's too hot to wear the clothing to conceal anything else!)

BAR is fun--I had, IIRC an H&R manufactured one. They only had a 20 rd. mag, though, and was pretty heavy w/carry handle and bipod. Expensive to feed, too--ought six was a lot tougher to get good deals on than 7.62 Nato. One of our associates made a BAR-K (Bark--get it?) by cutting a BAR down to about a 10" barrel--it did BARK, too--and the muzzle blast was quite a site. Machine guns are a more expensive hobby than Jeeps!