Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RE: Geocaching 101

I just went to the website and didn't see where they were offering any sort of geocaching lesson. Maybe it was just talked about.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo View Post
    What's that on your nose, Becke, pizza? he he heh
    LOL! no, i just really appreciate jake's caches. except the ones that i have not appreciated at all!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

I received this e-mail from another local group that is apparently working with the Unity Barn Raisers and thought I would post this here since some of our members in the past have expressed an interest in giving something back to the folks who have established the trail system and allowed us to place so many caches in the Greater Unity Area.

Please note: I am unavailable to attend this due to a prior commitment (i.e. ATV Poker Run) on the same date at the same time and due to that fact -- and the fact I just received this today I am just posting this as a FYI and not as an "event."

-----------------

Have fun with Friends this weekend! On Saturday, Sept. 16, from 8 to 12, the Friends of Unity Wetlands will host a volunteer work day at the Connor Mill Trail in Unity. A part of the CommUnity Trails system, the Connor Mill Trail crosses diverse terrain and offers exceptional views of Sandy Stream. Among the projects for Saturdays work day are the construction and repair of several bridges and clearing of overgrown trails. Volunteers are asked to meet at the trailhead, on the Albion Road (Route 202/9) nearly opposite Quaker Hill Road. We will have some tools available but volunteers are encouraged to bring tools such as loppers and clippers if they have them. For more information, please contact Jennifer at 948-3766 or jennifer@friendsofunitywetlands.org <mailto:jennifer@friendsofunitywetlands.org>.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming . . .

Per my original thread's start . . .

Here's the official scoop on what I'm doing and when I'm doing it . . . if anyone is in the area on these dates I would sincerely welcome the help (I've asked the Friends of Unity Wetlands to give me an approximate head count for Saturday if possible so I can get an idea of how many gc-ers we could use to help out).

October 19th, Thursday: I will be doing a PowerPoint presentation at the FUW office at 93 Main St. at 6:30 p.m.

October 21st, Saturday: I will be attempting to lead a hands-on presentation/demo/search for a cache or two with the folks from FUW. We'll be meeting at the FUW office at 93 Main St. at 12:30 p.m. (which would give folks from away plenty of time to look for some other caches in the area before and afterwards). This is where I could really use some geocachers . . . as mentioned I am attempting to get a head count. I've also asked the FUW contact if they plan to invite local folks, college students, etc. . . . I believe they are planning on inviting the Unity Barn Raisers to this "event" as many UBR members did not come last time due to the weather and rescheduled date.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

This month (September) is out for me to help but I would be interested to help with educational efforts when schedule allows. If I can help in any way, bring my Garmin, bring some show and tell (non-ammo box) containers or even prepare materials - please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    This month (September) is out for me to help but I would be interested to help with educational efforts when schedule allows. If I can help in any way, bring my Garmin, bring some show and tell (non-ammo box) containers or even prepare materials - please let me know.
    Well you're in luck then since the September dates didn't work and the above "meetings" are all in October . . . and yes I could use the help (although we don't want to give those folks the wrong impression about Garmins though do we? )

I'd be there, but I'm already volunteered to map out some trails for the Kennebec Land Trust out at Mt. Pisgah.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Wished we could have been notified sooner as I will be up in the county on the 16th as well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Bump . . .

I've received an e-mail confirming the dates and times of this presentation with the Friends of Unity Wetlands and Unity Barnraisers . . . and I have been told that there should be at least 13 folks interested in the hands-on demo on Saturday (October 21st at 12:30) since the Board members are doing a "retreat" of sorts.

So . . . I know this is a busy time of year for folks, but if anyone can spare an hour or so it would be sincerely appreciated since I only have two Magellan GPSrs.

---

October 19th, Thursday: I will be doing a PowerPoint presentation at the FUW office at 93 Main St. at 6:30 p.m.

October 21st, Saturday: I will be attempting to lead a hands-on presentation/demo/search for a cache or two with the folks from FUW. We'll be meeting at the FUW office at 93 Main St. at 12:30 p.m. (which would give folks from away plenty of time to look for some other caches in the area before and afterwards).

This might work for me! I am scheduled to work in the am, but it is usually only for a couple of hours if at all. Would it be ok to say I will plan to be there and can let you know more definitively the night before?
    ~ Beach Comber ~