vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help maintaining a cache in the West Forks/Moxie Pond area.

Hybrid View

Default Need help maintaining a cache in the West Forks/Moxie Pond area.

Me and a group of friends go to Maine every year to do some exploring and white water rafting. We found a great place for a cache and this year we placed it. Unfortunately, we hadn't read the guidlines until we went to post the cache on the GC website. Since the closest of us lives in Boston, according to the guidelines, we are too far to maintain it. So I'm asking if anyone would like to help maintain it. Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you the coordinates and some info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdvans View Post
    Me and a group of friends go to Maine every year to do some exploring and white water rafting. We found a great place for a cache and this year we placed it. Unfortunately, we hadn't read the guidlines until we went to post the cache on the GC website. Since the closest of us lives in Boston, according to the guidelines, we are too far to maintain it. So I'm asking if anyone would like to help maintain it. Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you the coordinates and some info on it.
    I can maintain it - I have 2 caches in the area already. Email me and we can discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I can maintain it - I have 2 caches in the area already. Email me and we can discuss.

I was thinking of you Bruce when I read this log earlier, but didn't want to speak out of turn . . . thanks for helping these folks out and adding another cache in this beautiful area of Maine.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I was thinking of you Bruce when I read this log earlier, but didn't want to speak out of turn . . . thanks for helping these folks out and adding another cache in this beautiful area of Maine.
    Yeah - we've made contact and looks like I'll be maintaining it. Sounds like an interesting cache, too. I hope to get up there this week to check it out.

And we upgraded our "Arnol;d's Landing" cache today - FINALLY! With another thread talking about cache rescue, we figured we'd better get on it! LOL!

Good job Bruce, this is another example of geocachers working together towards one common goal and that is making geocaching in Maine the best.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Good job Bruce, this is another example of geocachers working together towards one common goal and that is making geocaching in Maine the best.
    Oops! I was helping a Massachusetts cacher!

(But I have to admit, YES, I AM "FROM AWAY"! I grew up in Massachusetts!)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Yeah - we've made contact and looks like I'll be maintaining it. Sounds like an interesting cache, too. I hope to get up there this week to check it out.
    OH YUH!!! and we just spent a day up there driving all over h--- and NOW a new one?? Maybe next time we can meet up for that beer?? And this is just another excuse to make that fall trip. Thanks Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee View Post
    OH YUH!!! and we just spent a day up there driving all over h--- and NOW a new one?? Maybe next time we can meet up for that beer?? And this is just another excuse to make that fall trip. Thanks Bruce!
    Looks like it's a go. Already got email from GPSFun, and agreed to maintain it. It's less than 2 miles from our "Moxie Trail Crossing" cache, and it's sorta out in the woods. It has an interesting twist to it, and I'm looking forward to see what the cache owner has done. Stay tuned! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Ft. Fairfield and the Bronz???That explains a lot!! LOL
    Yeah, I suppose it does . . . and it probably also explains my typing accent -- kind of a blend between County-ese and Bronx-ese.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."