vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help maintaining a cache in the West Forks/Moxie Pond area.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    What!!!!! Another Mass****hole............
    Hey! Easy there...he's not the only one...
    "When I get back I'm bringing a weedwacker and a stun gun!"

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Oops! I was helping a Massachusetts cacher!

(But I have to admit, YES, I AM "FROM AWAY"! I grew up in Massachusetts!)

Ah, you don't have to be ashamed to admit to this fact . . . you had no choice in the matter, right and besides you realized eventually that Maine was a great place to live in the end (other than the high taxes, blackflies, messed up state government, enough social programs so that you need never work again and the summer tourists -- hey, the place can't be perfect, right?)

Besides, I figure we were all part of Massachusetts once anyways -- just one big happy family until we broke off . . . and now the way things are going (taxes, social programs, etc.) it seems as though we're determined to rejoin Massachusetts anyways.

Please note: The above statements are made by someone with dubious Maine connections . . . my father's parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. have lived all their life in Maine with connections running from Fort Fairfield, ME. However, my mother's parents moved here from the Bronx when she was a teen . . . therefore under the terms of the Maine Ancestry Accord of 1987 I may not be entitled to be called a full-blooded Mainer.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Ah, you don't have to be ashamed to admit to this fact . . . you had no choice in the matter, right and besides you realized eventually that Maine was a great place to live in the end (other than the high taxes, blackflies, messed up state government, enough social programs so that you need never work again and the summer tourists -- hey, the place can't be perfect, right?)
    Excellent point - and when we retired from the military, we had the option of retiring literally anywhere. And we CHOSE Maine! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee View Post
    OH YUH!!! and we just spent a day up there driving all over h--- and NOW a new one?? Maybe next time we can meet up for that beer?? And this is just another excuse to make that fall trip. Thanks Bruce!
    Looks like it's a go. Already got email from GPSFun, and agreed to maintain it. It's less than 2 miles from our "Moxie Trail Crossing" cache, and it's sorta out in the woods. It has an interesting twist to it, and I'm looking forward to see what the cache owner has done. Stay tuned! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Ft. Fairfield and the Bronz???That explains a lot!! LOL
    Yeah, I suppose it does . . . and it probably also explains my typing accent -- kind of a blend between County-ese and Bronx-ese.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Looks like it's a go. Already got email from GPSFun, and agreed to maintain it. It's less than 2 miles from our "Moxie Trail Crossing" cache, and it's sorta out in the woods. It has an interesting twist to it, and I'm looking forward to see what the cache owner has done. Stay tuned! LOL!
    When you find it, let me know if you have anything to add to the description. I tried to not give too much away(I think I did a good job at that) but I still feel something is missing or it may be too vague.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdvans View Post
    When you find it, let me know if you have anything to add to the description. I tried to not give too much away(I think I did a good job at that) but I still feel something is missing or it may be too vague.
    Tomorrow's a mess, but I think i can get up there on Friday. Do I get to claim FTF?

Tomorrow's a mess, but I think i can get up there on Friday. Do I get to claim FTF?
    geeeeze... why dont'ya claim it for two FTFs just for the heck of it??? it's all about the numbers anyways....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    geeeeze... why dont'ya claim it for two FTFs just for the heck of it??? it's all about the numbers anyways....
    Can I do that???