vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RE: What else do you do for fun?

WOW Hollora! Wish there were more people like you in every community

hmm, lets see, Other hobbies have gotten in the way of geocaching this year i must admit, not enough time for all. I recently set up a camp lot on the pond down the road with my travel traveler dock, power installed etc. so i have spent lots of time down at my camp lot this summer , swimming and fishing , campfires etc. two years ago i got back into golf with my son and now play on a regular basis. ( sunday, of which interfere with caching. I love and used to play a lot of volley ball. Ham radio is one of my other favorite hobbies, it makes for a small state and small world for that matter and it is all done on antenna and communications ar FREE.. I use my ham radio in my vehicle to chat with ham friends throughout the state on a daily basis. When i am inside and i am a night owl. I love to play TEXAS HOLD UM.. and i might say i hardly ever lose money.. HEE HEE. I do use the pc/internet on a nightly basis for many things. I write town news for my TOWN when there is some news , that is, for the local paper. I spend a lot of time at school board meetings as i am a director on the MSAD 34 board, ( if you want to call that a hobbie._ LOL. I also spend a lot of time watching local high school sports through out the school year. Any I find out that it is difficult to spread the time out to do all that i would like to , like most of us. then of course, I also own an ATV and TWO SNOWMOBILES that i am in hopes of using more.

Quote Originally Posted by noreasta View Post
    . . .I also own an ATV and TWO SNOWMOBILES that i am in hopes of using more.
    Now this is up my alley!

If you're interested Steve "my" ATV club is hosting a poker run this Saturday (I mention this in case you haven't seen the threads) -- this would be a great way to see some of our trail system here in Troy. We also do monthly club rides which provides a good excuse to get out and ride some trails throughout Maine!

Snowmobiles . . . keep hoping and praying for more snow this year! I went out for one local ride last year and the conditions were marginal -- I think I hit every rock, stump and root in the trail -- after that short local ride I never rode the local trails again -- 2,000+ miles, but they were all made by heading north or out west. Very expensive way to snowmobile . . . I can't tell you how many GPSr batteries my gas bill alone for the sled would have bought! If it does snow this year we should get together -- maybe Rick and LT would even come out for a Geocaching Ride.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."