vb:literal>

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: Hold on to your knickers, but I actually have a question about paperless gc-ing

Quote Originally Posted by Katadin Goddess View Post
    i just got a palm lifedrive, what is the best geocache paperless software to use? interested in your opinions before i start downloading. thanks Elaine
    Ditto, what the previous poster said,Cachemate for the Palm and also you might want to check out GSAK as well for any of your cache management needs. You might want to get in touch with Gobler as he is using both and could really help you get started on the right foot. I know he is helping Kacky to use it as her favorite E-book application, Mobipocket, is going to be discontinued soon. Welcome to the paperless club and if there is anything we can do to help just let us know.

Check out the links section as well and there might be some good tutorials there explaining both of their uses too.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I just tried paperless caching yesterday (my printer was out of ink!) with my Palm Tungsten E2, Cachemate and GSAK. Everything downloaded and worked really well together. Just not sure I am sold on it...I think I would rather loose a piece of paper then my palm pilot!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiker Twins View Post
    I just tried paperless caching yesterday (my printer was out of ink!) with my Palm Tungsten E2, Cachemate and GSAK. Everything downloaded and worked really well together. Just not sure I am sold on it...I think I would rather loose a piece of paper then my palm pilot!
    The best part about paperless caching is that you dont have to plan ahead - print out cache listings - to go caching. If you carry your GPSr and PDA with you all the time, you're always ready to grab a cache if you find your self near one you haven't already logged.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    The best part about paperless caching is that you dont have to plan ahead - print out cache listings - to go caching. If you carry your GPSr and PDA with you all the time, you're always ready to grab a cache if you find your self near one you haven't already logged.
    Hey, you are right! I never thought about having caches downloaded and ready to go for where ever I happen to be I will have to download a bunch to my PDA and gpsr for when I am traveling! Thanks for the tip!

Just one thing to remember though and that is to make sure you have the latest Pocket Query so you don't make the mistake and go looking for a cache that was archived or disabled the week or two before. I know because I speak from experience,and I'm sure others can relate to that as well......
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

A-Men! Agreed. But I am getting hooked........thanks to my techno friends becket and cameoooooo

Talking Paper vs. Palm

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    A-Men! Agreed. But I am getting hooked........thanks to my techno friends becket and cameoooooo
    All our toys didn't help us find the "map (PAPER) house" we were looking for today though....have you looked yet? Can you believe that we were that close? That ol' antique in the PAPER store was right on...she said it had been a few years but she knew what we wanted and she drew the perfect map ON PAPER!

Call me crazy but I detect a pattern here!

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo View Post
    All our toys didn't help us find the "map (PAPER) house" we were looking for today though
    we would have found it if it had coords!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket View Post
    we would have found it if it had coords!
    I agree on that! one pace, two paces....what in the world are they thinking?

Ladies - Ladies - Looooook - HancockSouthwest Harborunknown44.305ºN68.279ºW

There you go becket! But I think its a tad more that just 2 paces cameoooooo!

Next visit to MDI?
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 10-16-2006 at 12:28 PM.