vb:literal>

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone up for Monhegan Island?

Default Anyone up for Monhegan Island?

Lee and I were caching the coast yesterday down to Port Clyde and nearly went to Monhegan but it was too late in the day. Then we decided it might be a fun trip for a group of us to take in the near future.

While we would have shipped out of Port Clyde yesterday, it seems Boothbay would be a wiser choice as it's closer access to the highway.

From Boothbay, the trip would cost $32 per adult and children 3-11 is $18. Maybe not the cheapest caching trip, but it could still be fun.

The trip would take up most of the day. full details are here.

Departs Pier 8 Boothbay Harbor 9:30am
    Arrives Monhegan Island 11:00am
    Departs Monhegan Island 2:45pm
    Arrives Pier 8 Boothbay Harbor 4:15pm
    85 minute ride each way

There are 3 caches on the island, two regular and one virt. It will involve a few miles of walking. It could be a nice cache on your Delorme Challenge (map 8) list!

Monhegan Magic (GC9216) by Anderson (2.5/5)
    Shipwreck of the D.T. Sheridan (GC93D6) by hockamock (1/1)
    Monhegan Moonwatch (GCQ5M8) by Green Flashlight (2/2.5)

We are unsure of a date yet. Hopefully sometime in August. Does anyone think they would be interested or have any thoughts or ideas?

Wow, sounds like a great day of caching!! The cost is a little prohibitive for the 4 of us ($100.00 just for the ferry). I thought of doing the ferry to North Haven for those couple of caches and its the same thing, way to much money.

Although planning that far ahead would make it easy to budget, only $25 per week so I won't say we are not interested, I will say lets see how the car inspection goes and what I can lock in for oil prices.

The short answer to your question is YES, we are interested if the rest of it falls into place, we'll have to wait and see as the date approaches.

Great idea and I'm hoping we can do it.

I need map 8! When were you thinking of going?

Keep me posted - Monhegan is on my list of places to visit!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

We're interested, depending on the date. Will have to fit it in around my son's work schedule, daughter's wisdom teeth removal, and a concert in Mass. We've wanted to take the trip out there for some time now, and this would be the perfect way to do it!

If I had the day off I would love to go to Monhegan Island!!!! Let me know if you decide on a date.

I would be interested in a trip to Monhegan. Keep us posted on a date. Used to stop at Monhegan often when I was in the CG stationed at Boothbay Harbor. Sometimes we would wonder around on Monhegan while waiting for electronics tech's to work on the fog signal controls on Manana Is just across the cove. Nice place to get pictures out there. Haven't been back since then.

YOP

Depending on the date ...we would love to go. Fairfield Folks said they would like to go too

I wonder if I could talk pedalchick into going, sounds fun.

Default Sob, Sob

I can't do any caching in August in the area. You sure you don't want to do it on a nice September day?