vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Cache Bashe of the Summer

Default Last Cache Bashe of the Summer

Just wanted to say thanks to Brad for putting the event on! It was a great turnout, and for those of you that didn't show up **cough**jake**cough** you missed out, and it was really nice to meet people I haven't met before. The door prizes were cool, and we couldn't have asked for better weather. Thanks again Mainiac!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Agreed - A Huge Thank YOu! We (becket and I) tried to talk that FF into coming yesterday - maybe another time! Weather - well - I want to know what weather channel he watches for the long term forecast. LOL! Hiram and all great meeting each and every one of you!

Yes I had a great and and thank goodness the rain did not start until after we were heading home. We ran into the real downpour. I am glad that did not make it to the event. Thank you Brad for this great event.
    Blazing Troll

Post A note from the host

I really enjoy hosting events. However they are nothing without all of you coming to have a fun time. Once again I used my incredible powers to provide an awesome day of weather. Now some may have noticed I could only hold it back until just when the party broke up.

An extra special thanks to Frank and Charron (Parmachenee), Eddie(Ajayhawkfan), Deb(Fudds Girls) and Dick(Gob-ler) for prizes provided. If I forgot anyone I apologize. (Lousy memory) As I have said in the past, I will continue to host these as long as people come. This was the best year yet for attendance. I believe we had 58 people and 5 dogs. Not to bad I say.

Log that you were there, log out the TB and Green Jeeps that were taken, and all will be right with the world. Thank you for coming, and I'll see you all on the trails soon.

And by the way....Anybody who did not get some of Dick's fresh caught, homemade fish chowder really missed out.
    Happy Trails!

I want to thank you all for everything. We all had a great time. I'm sure that I'll be able to get the hubby to come to another event now. Had some great caching chats with Gobbler, Mad Quilter and hubby, and Msteelee. Great to meet you! Got a couple of clues for that tank cache in Augusta from Team Richards and Team 2 Hunt but still couldn't find it. Fudd found the wasps though, OUCH! Almost forgot to thanks KK for the kids cache. This was the highlight for my girls. Thanks so much

This was my first cache bashe, but it certainly won't be my last!!! Thank you Brad for being such a gracious host. You did a really great job putting this together, and I could tell that everyone there was having a wonderful time. And I want to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to Brad for putting the event on! It was a great turnout, and for those of you that didn't show up **cough**jake**cough** you missed out, and it was really nice to meet people I haven't met before. The door prizes were cool, and we couldn't have asked for better weather. Thanks again Mainiac!
    How many times and ways can I explain to you that I don't do events . . . I'm like the Shadow (uh, not that Shadow that we read about a while back) . . . I prefer to do my work (or play) in the shadows -- plus I really don't like crowds since I'm about as social as a block of concrete (which is also why I avoid family reunions, weddings and just about any other type of mass gathering.) Just consider yourself fortunate that I came out to TL 2006 . . . even then I was wavering . . . and by now I think you'd realize that I pretty much prefer to do most of my geocaching alone. It really is nothing against anyone or anybody (and definitely no slight to Maniac as he truly is a top notch guy) . . . it's just that events are not my "thing."

Besides I ended up doing some painting on the house, moved some wood and even worked on some of my signature ladders.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    How many times and ways can I explain to you that I don't do events . . . I'm like the Shadow (uh, not that Shadow that we read about a while back) . . . I prefer to do my work (or play) in the shadows -- plus I really don't like crowds since I'm about as social as a block of concrete (which is also why I avoid family reunions, weddings and just about any other type of mass gathering.) Just consider yourself fortunate that I came out to TL 2006 . . . even then I was wavering . . . and by now I think you'd realize that I pretty much prefer to do most of my geocaching alone. It really is nothing against anyone or anybody (and definitely no slight to Maniac as he truly is a top notch guy) . . . it's just that events are not my "thing."

Besides I ended up doing some painting on the house, moved some wood and even worked on some of my signature ladders.
    one of these days you will break Jake... oh yes... you will break, and you will scream out to the world... "I CANT TAKE IT! I MUST GO TO EVENTS!" you've already begun your dive into the shallow depths of paperless geocaching... soon you will take the biggest plunge... and be social!!!!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Smile

What else can I say, that hasn't allready been said. Thanks Brad.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    What else can I say, that hasn't allready been said. Thanks Brad.
    Ditto!! and we're always happy to help out on our favorite event cache. Just a perfect day!