vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geo-x Extreme Geocaching

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    But then again I remember the 4th of July trip by the Rescue Rangers, to the Allagash. That was some 350 miles of dirt roads, and kayaking to an island in the middle of nowhere. For a single cache, that might not even be there. That might qualify for GEO-X, for a single cache.
    but does that coun't even though it technically wasn't a cache??

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Would spending the whole day caching with Hiram 357 qualify as extreme??? Maybe Steph spending her anniversary on a mountain withn him might qualify!!
    eh hem...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default You decide

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    but does that coun't even though it technically wasn't a cache??

We were able to log it. It WAS a cache. (GCQNG2) Dog of the Dam(n) by jlbjlb and....this was MAP 61. Rescue Rangers
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    We were able to log it. It WAS a cache. (GCQNG2) Dog of the Dam(n) by jlbjlb and....this was MAP 61. Rescue Rangers
    My opinion after hearing the story is that it would be extreme, esspecially after hearing the story

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    We were camping in Radison, Quebec, about 700 miles north of here - literally at the end of the road

Radisson,Que is the end of the paved road,,,Take the left onto the dirt road(30-40 km before getting into Radisson) going into the LG2 and LG4 (le Grande dams are some of the largest in the world) dam projects. Travel that road for another 600 KM and you end up at Canispiscau, a seaplane base that offers flights into the tiaga and serves as the major hub for all north bound traffic for Caribou hunters. That is the end of the road....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun View Post
    Radisson,Que is the end of the paved road,,,Take the left onto the dirt road(30-40 km before getting into Radisson) going into the LG2 and LG4 (le Grande dams are some of the largest in the world) dam projects. Travel that road for another 600 KM and you end up at Canispiscau, a seaplane base that offers flights into the tiaga and serves as the major hub for all north bound traffic for Caribou hunters. That is the end of the road....lol
    Yeah, I know there are other private roads heading east and west, but for all intents and purposes, you can't really go any further north than Radisson. (There's a very nice virtual tour of the Trans Tiaga road here).

Sometime let me tell you about having your back windshield explode 200 miles from the nearest town! LOL!

Not sure if this counts, but KK and I (along with a non-cacher) found The Seal Trap. We could have taken the ferry to Isle Au Haut and walked or biked to the cache. Instead, we camped out the night before at the Old Quarry Campground. (The same place as the annual Kayak event). We paddle down through the islands, set up camp just off IAH and paddle the rest of the way to the cache. We saw a meteor shower, eagles, dolphins and seals. The weather was perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Not sure if this counts, but KK and I (along with a non-cacher) found The Seal Trap. We could have taken the ferry to Isle Au Haut and walked or biked to the cache. Instead, we camped out the night before at the Old Quarry Campground. (The same place as the annual Kayak event). We paddle down through the islands, set up camp just off IAH and paddle the rest of the way to the cache. We saw a meteor shower, eagles, dolphins and seals. The weather was perfect!
    I saw that someone pulled the other cache near there today. They don't have any finds, might be a ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I saw that someone pulled the other cache near there today. They don't have any finds, might be a ranger.
    It's hard to say, but the hider only has 1 find.

Thumbs down Sorry TAT

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    You guys had way too much fun to make it GEO-X. Now if you had logged 5-6 caches on the trip and had a rescue or two......
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Smile

I forgot to mention the waves! There were waves!! Well, ok, there was one place in the entire bay with a breaker once every few minutes. But we hit it hard!