vb:literal>

Thread: geo miles

Default geo miles

I was lucky enough to get a 2005 geocachingmaine.org geocoin at the 2012 Breakfast Club Yankee Swap last Sunday. It's #2103. I've logged it on the coin page. http://www.geocachingmaine.org/cointracking/coin.htm My question is about the miles on the geocoin page. If I carry that coin with me to every cache I find from here on out, how do I reflect the miles that it's traveled on the geocoin page?

If you click on the details link for any particular coin, there is a button at the bottom for "Log this coin". On that screen, you can enter the coordinates for a cache and it'll calculate the distances. There is no map, no pictures, and you'd have to fill that form out for every cache you visited.

If you were going to log it into a lot of caches, that is obviously a lot of work. If it were me and I wanted to log it into every cache I visited, I would purchase a TB tag and use that number so I could log it in and out on geocaching.com like any other TB/coin. You would not have to physically attach the TB tag, just remember the number. Or, put it in a bag with the number and you could allow other cachers to discover it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."