vb:literal>

Thread: 4-Hers hiding caches at Cumberland fairgrounds

Default 4-Hers hiding caches at Cumberland fairgrounds

I thought I'd make a quick post here that my daughters' 4-H club is hiding 3 geocaches at the Cumberland County fairgrounds on Tuesday (Sept. 26). You can pick up coordinates from the *4-H Hall* from 4-6 p.m. on Tuesday. The caches will only be available during that time though per an agreement with the farmer's club.

The director of the Cumberland County Extension Office actually approached our 4-H Club to do this geocaching "event" and are lending them several GPS units to use (they actually lend out GPS units for a couple of weeks at a time to any 4-Hers free of charge). The kids were excited about doing the event since I've taken the club on several hikes to find caches. Pretty creative-thinking for an event at a big county fair I thought.

The caches aren't listed on geocaching.com but if anyone's interested, I'm sure my little 4-H friends would love some experienced geocachers to stop by and sign their cache logbooks. Their caches will be well-stocked.

-Wendy

That's pretty neat. Will the caches be available for the whole fair time or just on Tuesday? Not sure if we'll make it this year but That would be fun for my girls.

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    That's pretty neat. Will the caches be available for the whole fair time or just on Tuesday? Not sure if we'll make it this year but That would be fun for my girls.
    The geocaches will only be available at the fairgrounds on Tuesday from 4-6 p.m.

The 4-H kids have a lot of other things going on during the fair and the agreement with the farmer's club was that they would monitor the geocaches while on the fairgrounds. That's why a couple of hours was all we could fit into their already packed schedule.