vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: firefighterjake hits 500

Congratulations!!

Congrats Jason. I'm glad to have been on a few of those 500 with you. Enjoy the next 500

Default Congratulations Jake

Holy Smokes,,,500 caches,,Congratulations on this awesome milestone. Gail And I enjoyed meeting you finally this summer at the 4x4 tread lightly event and we hope to meet up again. Maybe we can get down your way and get a couple of those caches of yours they are all talking about. Congratulations again on hitting 500 Jason,,Happy Caching,,,"Dave and Gail" and Shamis

Thanks for all the kind words folks . . . I was kind of hoping that no one would notice . . . guess I should have known better, huh?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Yup, we had talked about a party but knew you would be MIA!

Talking Congrats Jake!!

Nice milestone and let's not forget some great caches you've placed. Also nice to see Hollora and Becket teaming up with you on some of those great moments.

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee View Post
    Nice milestone and let's not forget some great caches you've placed. Also nice to see Hollora and Becket teaming up with you on some of those great moments.

Becket and I felt sorry for Hollora with her only owning a Garmin so we decided to go along with her to help her find some caches! Although to tell the truth on the last outing Hollora kept finding the caches before us which was very, very unusual (must have been the Monhegan Magic in the air) . . . but on the flip side she continued to try to lead us down the longer paths to the cache.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Just knew our geocaching pal was going to slip right by his 500th quietly and probably alone. That is fitting...........that's Jake!

Hey, TGIF buddy - congratulations and on to many more enjoyable journeys. It is fun to search for your caches, cache with you, view your photos and of course read your stories.

On to many more!
    Thanks Lois . . . it's been lots of fun going geocaching with you (and Monhegan was a definite highlight of my geocaching thus far).

Quote Originally Posted by becket View Post
    what can i say that lois didn't already say? congratulations on your 500th find!

i love your caches, jake, even as i am usually standing there cursing you! your photos are awesome and your stories (and your posts) are just wonderful. i always look forward to reading them.

it has been great getting to know you - i have more fun every time i cache with you. i am honored that you and hollora included me in the tgif gang.

here's to the next 500! i hope i get to tag along on more than a few of them!
    Right back at you . . . the adventures we have geocaching with you and Lois have only been surpassed by getting to know two truly great people (well, there are other geocachers out there that are great too, but I've just been fortunate to get to know you two much better than many others.)

And for the record, nearly every time I put out a particularly devious cache I think to myself, "I wonder if this one will have Becket cursing my name . . . or for that matter if Dave1976 will show up on my front porch (although this is more difficult right now since the front porch's boards are missing!) "

Incidentally, if it's any consolation my next two caches should be much simpler to find as I am crafting one cache (with some alterations and suggestions from my original idea thanks to Hiram) for a particular geocaching member who will need a 1/1 cache . . . and a ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Jason it was a pleasure to have finally met you. I have thouroghly enjoyed doing the caches you have placed. Of course you will do some more eventually, right. 500 is a good milestone, at least in Maine it is. Congrats to you.
    Same here Brad . . . although I will have to think twice before offering free pizza to geocachers in the future!