vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: firefighterjake hits 500

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post
    Congratulations!!! I haven't met you yet, but nonetheless I am excited to be the owner of the very first FFJ ladder!! Happy cachin' !!
    Ah . . . must have been one of the first ladders that I placed on Deer Isle. My "records" still show that there are still a number of ladders in those caches still . . . of course folks may have taken one and not recorded it in the logs. Unfortunately, I don't see these ladders becoming valued collector items anytime soon.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Congrats Jason on a big milestone.It would have been bigger if you could have found mine!!Did you read where the two little kids found it? I think they were 8 & 10 years old...
    Sure, sure rub it in . . . maybe that's the secret though, I must have a child-like mind and curiosity . . . hmmmm, hey Hiram I need your help, want to go geocaching on a bridge . . . oh wait a minute, you found that one already . . . this definitely explains things.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by steverph View Post
    Congrats Jake. I enjoyed meeting you at the ATV ride in Troy where I discovered that you have another hobby, taking pictures of ATVs splashing through mud holes.
    I think I have never yet met a geocacher that I didn't like . . . it was good to meet you as well . . . and combining geocaching and ATVing had to be a plus.

Incidentally, you may have noticed that I threw on a photo of you here on this site!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Congrats Jason. I'm glad to have been on a few of those 500 with you. Enjoy the next 500
    And I assume you forgive me for dragging you out in front of the WABI cameras???

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail View Post
    Holy Smokes,,,500 caches,,Congratulations on this awesome milestone. Gail And I enjoyed meeting you finally this summer at the 4x4 tread lightly event and we hope to meet up again. Maybe we can get down your way and get a couple of those caches of yours they are all talking about. Congratulations again on hitting 500 Jason,,Happy Caching,,,"Dave and Gail" and Shamis
    The feeling is mutual -- you two are (in the Maine vernacular) "good people." I can't wait until the 2007 Tread Lightly event.

Now about making the trip down to find some of my caches . . . In another week or so the leaves down my way will be absolutely brilliant so I would highly encourage you two to come down on a nice, crisp and sunny Saturday or Sunday to check out the foliage, find some great caches (there are lots of them in the Greater Unity Area and the majority of them are by other geocachers) and of course try out the pizza at the Unity House of Pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Yup, we had talked about a party but knew you would be MIA!

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee View Post
    Nice milestone and let's not forget some great caches you've placed. Also nice to see Hollora and Becket teaming up with you on some of those great moments.
    Thanks for noticing . . . to me being a "good" geocacher means giving as well as receiving which is why I've tried to put out a cache for every 25 or so found caches -- something that I started to do when I started out caching . . . a feat which gets more and more difficult as time progresses due to the number of caches that need to be maintained, trying to find new places for caches in the area, etc.

Coming up with new hides and cache ideas continues to be just as fun for me as finding the caches . . . and to tell the truth there is no higher praise than to hear the veteran geocachers tell me how much they liked a particular cache or how they had to really think it out before finding it . . . with the exception of poor TRF who nearly always seems to be the first to find the caches that I have messed up the coords on . . . I still feel bad about the Thomas Luce cache . . . and the Multi in a Mile and a Half . . . and . . . . well you get the idea.

Congrats FFJ!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Ah . . . must have been one of the first ladders that I placed on Deer Isle. My "records" still show that there are still a number of ladders in those caches still . . . of course folks may have taken one and not recorded it in the logs. Unfortunately, I don't see these ladders becoming valued collector items anytime soon.
    You want to bet? Where's the Purple one? Where and when will it appear? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    You want to bet? Where's the Purple one? Where and when will it appear? LOL
    yeah, jake, where's the purple ladder?
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"