vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back

Default I'm back

Hey all,,,,,anyone miss me . Finally got my computer back from the shop today after well over a week without it. What a pain it is without one. I did use the local library to check on some mail a couple of times but other than that, that was it. Seems I lost my power supply and my Windows was corrupted so I had to have my hard drive reformatted and wiped clean. I did manage to save over 8 gigs of photos that I had along with a few other files but that was it. Now I have to start all over again and try to get all that I had on my desktop back once again. What a hassle. I just downloaded Yahoo Messenger and with my slowwwwwwww dial-up it took me almost an hour. Man that sucks...

I have decided to give Firefox a try since I needed a new browser and it seems everyone seems to like it. Are there any plug-ins that I should have for it and where do I go to get them? I also have to download all kinds of other things as well,GSAK,Cachemate, all my Palm files. Also since I am pretty much starting from a clean slate is there any other application out there that would be of any help? Thanks Haffy
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Of course you were missed!! Welcome back. Just think of all the things you get to do with a clean slate on your computer!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Welcome back! I was worried when I saw all those finds up north and nothing on line!

Talking Glad to see you again

Welcome back Haffy! Yes you were missed.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Glad to see you back. Surprised I didn't see you at the library over the weekend. I was in Oakland watching the grand children again.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Welcome Haffy! It's always good to see new members join the site. There's lots of good information on the site and there's always something interesting in the forums! I'm sure you'll have a good time meeting new people on the site!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    Glad to see you back. Surprised I didn't see you at the library over the weekend. I was in Oakland watching the grand children again.
    I live in Fairfield so it was the Fairfield Library that I was using for my computer needs.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

You were gone?

Just kidding, I haven't been 100% attentive here this past week, but did notice your logs on your caches. Good to see your computer is back in order.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Welcome back, Haffy!! It's not much of a computer shop if they couldn't at least back your old data off to a couple DVD's. Well, no use crying over spilt data! I love FireFox, and there's a useful plugin for it called ForecastFox that puts 10 days of weather across the top of it out of the way. Also, FireFox comes with a little Quick Search dropdown off to the side that contains all the top search engines. You can add more search engines to the list here. I've added IMDb and Recipezaar to mine. And I just discovered that there is a Geocaching Quick Search as well! Have fun!

one i can't live without now is Google Earth...but i'm not sure if it will run properly ( or at all) on a dial-up
    "When I get back I'm bringing a weedwacker and a stun gun!"