vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why did you change the chat?

haven't read all of the posts - but I use Internet Explorer. Still can not get into the chat page. I get an funky page which doesn't even make sense to me. Tried - a couple of times and gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    haven't read all of the posts - but I use Internet Explorer. Still can not get into the chat page. I get an funky page which doesn't even make sense to me. Tried - a couple of times and gave up.
    I would suggest you go to Brdad's post and go to the link that he has posted where you can download the Java link so it will work properly. I couldn't get it to work either unitl I downloaded the Java after my computer was in the shop for over a week and had to download everything all over again. Worked for me anyway.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Same

Quote Originally Posted by Buck451 View Post
    This is the message I get also?

Unable to connect : com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx : cannot connect to "irc.slashnet.org"
    This is the same message I get, no matter which of the two links I click on. The nav bar, or the one on the right side.

When I click on Brdad's link in one of the posts I am able to connect, to the chat. But that's alot of work for the computer iliterate. Thanks for trying to fix this.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

What browser are you using? It could be because your behind a firewall. You also have to eccept java script popup.
    Blazing Troll

No matter which browser you use you have to have Java enabled in order to use it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    No matter which browser you use you have to have Java enabled in order to use it though.
    The reason I asked is because there are over 6 and more different browsers out there and different operating systems and I believe that there are at least one or two it does not work with. I do know that it works with IE and FF though.
    Blazing Troll

It didn't work with my new Firefox though until I downloaded the Java applet.

Thumbs up Back door

After checking everything, and changing my settings, AGAIN! I gave up and used the link that Brdad provided and it works. Thanks for the team work on this one, I appreciate it. I don't think Hiram shares the same enthusiasm. We are always poking fun at each other.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    After checking everything, and changing my settings, AGAIN! I gave up and used the link that Brdad provided and it works. Thanks for the team work on this one, I appreciate it. I don't think Hiram shares the same enthusiasm. We are always poking fun at each other.
    I'm just goin with the flow...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Tried brdads link and got a sign on page (which wouldn't let me in). I have used the javaapplet for the USPS web page for years with no problem.

Any other suggestions? Not upset with this as I don't chat that often but would like the option. Certainly understand the need to protect the web site and respect all the care that is being taken to do this.

I am not very up on computer things - will ask my son to help when he visits again.