vb:literal>

Thread: Crown of Maine - Dash of Cache

Talking Crown of Maine - Dash of Cache

Have you been looking for an excuse to come to Northern Maine to do a little geocaching, well here is something for you. This event does not involve anything that uses gas other than to get to the starting location. It is either on foot or by mountain bike.

This Nordic Heritage event will be a place for both new and old geocacher to meet, learn about, talk about finding caches and generally having a good time. After a meet and greet period we will have a little friendly competion to help refine our skills as geocacher and get to know one another better. The competition takes place on October 21, 2006, and starts just in front of the info kiosk in the parking lot of the Nordic Heritage Center. All teams will meet up at 9:00AM. We start off at 9:30AM and go our separate ways for the day, and then meet in the same place by 2:00PM, this should give you plenty of time for a little more geocaching after the competition.

Everyone will get a map and a cache list sheet, also there will be no caches at the Nordic Heritage Center that are for members only for the event so geocachers new and old are welcome.

The Premise of the Competition: We start at the parking lot, we meet at the park lot, whoever gets the most caches/points within the facility (on this trip only) wins... meaning if you have already gotten a few of the caches in the area, you'd better hope others can't do the area in a day You will be given a list of all the caches (including when they were last relocated) and a facility map when you register. The list will include the most up to date listings and coordinates, including several new caches place just before the competition begins.

So if you like the outdoors and like exploring in the woods this is the place for you. Hope to see some southern folks come up for a visit.

If you have any questions please drop me an email or checkout the goecaching list for GCXZV4.
    We hate mindless caches placed in the woods without a reason, nothing but the cache in a plastic bag on a tree.

I'd love to do this one, been to the training center during Jr. Nationals last Feb, and caching this Labor Day weekend, but I'll be in GA visiting my sister. Hope the weather (and the turnout) is great. Enjoy