vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: stolen or muggled caches in Maine

Just noticed that there have been 2 Maine geo-post offices and TB hotels muggled within the past couple of weeks. Hummm..... The one in Bangor disappeared the end of October and the one in Augusta over Veterans Day weekend. Both decidedly different hides and two very different areas.

I hope this is not a trend which is developing.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Just noticed that there have been 2 Maine geo-post offices and TB hotels muggled within the past couple of weeks. Hummm..... The one in Bangor disappeared the end of October and the one in Augusta over Veterans Day weekend. Both decidedly different hides and two very different areas.

I hope this is not a trend which is developing.
    Were these caches which could have been casually discovered by a passer-by or were they obviously sought out with GPSr? (If you can tell, of course! LOL!)

One could have been easily discovered without a GPSr - the other I doubt would have been found without one even after reading the clue.

I had my 101 Dalmatian Pup "Oscar" in Kittery muggled within the last couple weeks....a micro, but still just as annoying.
    "When I get back I'm bringing a weedwacker and a stun gun!"

You are right - muggled caches are very annoying. If the logs or decals on the cache give the information to GC.com - I believe muggles do visit the site. I posted right on the cache page that mine had been muggled and if they read about it to contact me. They didn't contact me but returned it to the site - and left it with another there. Probably I was just lucky.

Putting out caches - the potential loss is certainly something we all take. I think, in a kind and educational way, we can promote folks to leave things alone or join us. Maybe I am a dreamer - but it is dreams and hopes that made America so how can that be totally wrong?

If we don't continue to put out caches - we will have none to find. Working together we can make a difference.