Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stolen or muggled caches in Maine

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Oh yea, I remember this one. I posted a DNF because the coordinates were way off. I was going to go back, but I guess there is no sense now.
    I walked right to it and traded coins so I guess it depends on how good a finder you are.....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I walked right to it and traded coins so I guess it depends on how good a finder you are.....
    Oh, I know where the cache was. I talked to someone that found it after I logged my DNF and they told me where it was, but my gps took me over 100 feet from where it was and as Katadin Godess says I am not sticking my hands in places where I can not see inside.
    Blazing Troll

Default Cache Withdraw-All

My son and I received a message that one of our caches in a park had been cleared. I hesitate to use the phrase "muggled" as whoever did it, left a 3x5 index card :"The Stash was Visited for a Cache Withdraw-All All Items have been removed - T.E (skull) L.N."

We had been warned that caches in the park did not last long but I assumed it was muggles. Whoever this was is not a muggle....just a jerk.

Where was your cache?
    ~ Beach Comber ~

This was the cache in question. Too bad some people feel they have to ruin it for others. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-4cba68c5f08c
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Not history repeating itself I hope....

This is vaguely reminiscent of the incident of "The Team" from 3 years ago. I really don't want to have to worry about a bunch of juvenile delinquents destroying our local caches. We can only hope it was a localized thing. Woodfam, sorry to hear of your troubles.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodfam View Post
    My son and I received a message that one of our caches in a park had been cleared. I hesitate to use the phrase "muggled" as whoever did it, left a 3x5 index card :"The Stash was Visited for a Cache Withdraw-All All Items have been removed - T.E (skull) L.N."

We had been warned that caches in the park did not last long but I assumed it was muggles. Whoever this was is not a muggle....just a jerk.

Woodfam . . . sorry to hear about this . . . I liked this cache and was pleased to see a cache placed here since I never had a chance to find the first one that was there since it was before my time.

P.S. Welcome to geocachingmaine.org.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

If this is a common occurance in this area, the cache would be a good candidate for a "Members Only" cache. The person could be finding it with a GPS because it is listed for public viewing. If that's the case, I doubt they are a paying member of GC.com

Woodfam, have liked and appreciated your caches. Don't give up. At the location of the muggled cache - the Members only approach or perhaps a micro might work (and even those get muggled).

Just don't give up. Caches in the Bangor area are appreciated and needed. Thanks for all you do and welcome to the site.

Default basin rock stolen

i had just checked the cache due a DNF and it was there. 5 days later i was told it was missing. suspect that the clues were to used to pin point it. just down the sandy river rd, another cache was stolen. it was viz from the road so that did not surrpise me. it wasn't my cache but was an ammo box.
    so i have gone to another type of container. a 2" PVC pipe with camo tape and geocache label. looks like a log and is a lot easier to hide.
    cachers are finding them easily, but they probably are hard for non-cachers to spot.
    we (Team Pirate Island) are continuing to place caches, drop off TB's and geocoins, and search for caches wherever we happen to be.
    Looking forward to winter caching, snow-shoeing to avoid cabin fever.
    5c pirate