vb:literal>

Thread: Neat TB idea

Default Neat TB idea

Recently I was contacted by a geocacher (Trkr75) for assistance in placing a unique TB. Received this TB yesterday in the mail and I should be putting it out at a cache near Dysarts Truck Stop sometime today or tomorrow.

The TB I received is actually half of a TB -- a semi-tractor truck. This TB is starting out here in Maine with the goal of meeting up with its sister TB -- a trailer -- somehwhere in middle America. From there the tractor and trailer TB owners hope to have the TB travel the West Coast and then back to the East Coast before returning to them in Clarksville, TN.

I thought the concept was pretty neat so I thought I would share this idea.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

That is cool!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Very cool! Hope folks read the journey and don't take it astray. Starting out near Christmas is very neat.

Hate to be a "wet blanket", but doesn't mailing a TB defeat the purpose of putting a TB in a cache???

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Hate to be a "wet blanket", but doesn't mailing a TB defeat the purpose of putting a TB in a cache???
    The TB owners wanted to have one of the TBs start in Maine and the other sister TB start in California and then meet in the middle of the US which is why they mailed out the TBs to myself and some other CA cacher.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Default Should meet at the I-80 in Iowa.

Biggest truck stop in the world, and about halfway. I'm headed there in June. BIIIIIIIIIG old parking lot, nice place. There's a restaurant right across the street where they serve all the beverages out of ball jars.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnlandia View Post
    Biggest truck stop in the world, and about halfway. I'm headed there in June. BIIIIIIIIIG old parking lot, nice place. There's a restaurant right across the street where they serve all the beverages out of ball jars.
    What? Bigger than Dysarts?

Sounds like a great place for the two TBs to meet up if there is a cache nearby . . . now all we need is for the TB here in Maine to start moving from its cache near Dysarts -- I don't believe it has moved since I placed it there.

Incidentally, welcome to geocachingmaine.org.

I don't think the geocaching trucker is real big here in Maine though so I would almost think it would be a non trucker who would be the one to move the TB.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default On it's way...

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I don't believe it has moved since I placed it there.
    Sudonim picked it up on 12/24 to help it along on it's mission.