vb:literal>

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Maine Geocoin (Finally?)

I have a few of Katahdin in my portfolio if you wanted to see them . Here is just one of them that I took last fall when staying at Dave1976's camp on South Twin and we went caching in the area. This one was taken coming down from Pitman Mnt with Katahdin in the background:

Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Question I don't know about the mountain....

but that good looking cacher on the right with the two cute dogs would look good on a coin.

Seriously though.. It all sounds good to me. I am not at all fussy about what goes on the reverse of the coin. I am just anxious to have them made. Whatever the majority decides is fine by me. The price sounds very good by the way. Thanks Andy for all your efforts and dedication to doing this again. Let me know if you need any help this year.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Seriously though.. It all sounds good to me. I am not at all fussy about what goes on the reverse of the coin. I am just anxious to have them made. Whatever the majority decides is fine by me. The price sounds very good by the way. Thanks Andy for all your efforts and dedication to doing this again. Let me know if you need any help this year.
    i agree - i really don't care what is on the coin, i would just like to have this moving along so i can order some! (and it doesn't matter to me if they are trackable or not - cameo won't let me log them anyway!)
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

There are many wonderful things to put on coins - that shot of the mountain is nice. The price sounds good. I like trackable but whatever the group agrees upon. Thanks to those all for working on this project.

Quote Originally Posted by becket View Post
    (and it doesn't matter to me if they are trackable or not - cameo won't let me log them anyway!)
    Hey you, it is for your own good! We both know what happens when you get your hands on something that is trackable!!!

Default Coin Design

As you can see by our Avatar,,,We are kind of partial of Mt. Katahdin also. We have many nice shots of the mountain,,Some with snow ,,some without. Being trackable is a good idea, and 5 or 6 dollars for a coin is not too outrageous. Of course the infamous Maine Bull moose also makes a nice touch, and the Appalachian trail is also well known for Maine. Just some suggestions and I'm sure the coins will be nice however you decide. Happy Caching to everyone,,,"Dave and Gail" and Shamis

So I guess the question is how will we decide what we do want on the reverse of the coin this year? Will there be a poll with suggestions or how exactly will this be all decided? Seems like from what I have read in the previous posts it really doesn't matter to most what is on the coin as long as it is done before the end of the year. If photos are needed on any subject matter I can probably oblige and come up with something, just let me know and I'll do the best I can.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I would like to see 2 or 3 ideas that people gravitate to that we can put in a poll question. Throw out your ideas and lets see if we get some matches between people. As with last year, we can work from a photo.

Default Winter

I agree with the winter theme. Or....what about icons depicting the 4 seasons of Maine. Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Trackable and in different metals, are GREAT ideas. I'll order some, no matter what we decide to put on it. Thanks.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Maine Geocoin

I like the idea of the sign with Denmark, Peru, Norway, China, etc ; and the XC skier, "Winter doesn't slow us down."
    I like round coins, antique bronze.
    Yes, let's make them trackable!
    Thanks for doing the work to get these coins made.