vb:literal>

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Maine Geocoin (Finally?)

I agree with geohuntress; antique bronze, trackable, the signpost with a cross contry skiier near by and the slogan. Great.

Here is a photo that I have of one of those signs that was mentioned that I have on file.

Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I have seen three people post saying they don't care what it on the coin. If we have people that do not care what is on the coin then why are we going to mint another one or is it that they want a coin no matter what is on it?
    Blazing Troll

Question I thought I was clear

I am not as concerned as to what is on the coin as I am in having some to buy. Correct me if I am wrong , but that what was most peoples sentiment too.
    Happy Trails!

i really don't care what is on the coin as in: we put what we all thought was important on the first coin; and as in: i really don't care what order the other suggestions are done in enough to start arguing about it. just get one made and i'll be happpy!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I have seen three people post saying they don't care what it on the coin. If we have people that do not care what is on the coin then why are we going to mint another one or is it that they want a coin no matter what is on it?

WHAT!!! People don't want a coin!!?? Thats too bad because I really wanted several.

The statement I made was that I, personally, was not overly concerned about what the scene depicted on the reverse of the coin was going to be. There were --and are-- some great ideas tossed out, all of which depict Maine very well. I just hope we don't spend 10 weeks deciding what the coin should look like.

I like lots of the pictures of Katadin I've seen posted here. I've climbed Katadin so it has some sentimental value. Everytime I visit my Monster-in-laws in the "county", I'm reminded just how magnificent a "hill" it is as we drive by on I95. I like the Maine Moose, especially bar-B-Qed and every time one runs out in front of my vehicle as I'm going to the "county" I'm reminded of how majestic they are, too. I like the chickadee, takes several dozen for a good sized soup, but they do carry the title of the Maine Bird.
    Too depict Maine in the summer, show a line of traffic along Route 1 and have several cars with all different State licence plates. Have one of the vehicles be a Ford Fiat pulling a 98 foot camper. If we do the coin in color, we could have all the brake lights on in all the vehicles, glaring red except for the Fiat with the 98 foot camper. And just in front of the lead vehicle have a "Construction Ahead" sign with 4 workers flagging, couple guys leaning on a shovel and the rest eating something wihile sitting on the half-track of the bulldozer..

I think I've taken too much cold medicine,,,I'm going back to bed.

I'm excited to get my Maine Geocoins and I'm sure they will be GREAT just like last years.

Thanks to everyone who makes these coins happen.

Cache On!!!!

Question What I meant

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Stop reading between the lines. What I'm sure we all meant was. Since there are so many GREAT things about geocaching in Maine. It is not important to me..what was on it. I'll order coins no matter what the decision may be. Even if Mainiac1957 and his dogs are on it. I'll order some.

Oh by the way, Thanks Andy.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default In other words.....

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Even if Mainiac1957 and his dogs are on it. I'll order some.

Oh by the way, Thanks Andy.
    My interpretation. What Gary meant to say was "Especially if Mainiac and his dogs are on it."
    Happy Trails!

Note to self.... Next year suggest a committee of several people to decide on the flip side of the coin and ask who wants to be on it (the committee that is, not the coin) Two cute dogs or two cute kids are fine too, shows we make it a family sport.

What I see being said is - Just Get Er Done! Before 2007 - emerges on our heels! Thanks to all who are working on this - I, too, want a few!