vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed for Sept 22, 2007 Girl Scout Camporee

Default Help needed for Sept 22, 2007 Girl Scout Camporee

HI everyone -

My Girl Scout Troop is planning a Fall Camporee for September 21-23, 2007. I know that this date is a year away but we need to "Be Prepared". We are thinking of having a GPS/Geocaching session for the girls. Maybe teach a little about a GPS and then have some caches hidden for the girls to find. This will be for girls ages 11 to 17. Any help we can get would be so greatly appreciated!

We are just trying to get an idea if any one would be interested in helping us out. We know that everyone is busy these days and trying to plan a year in advance is almost impossible. Just wanted to let every one know so that they can think about it.

Thanking you in advance for any ideas or offers.

Team Teebow 2 (Cheryl)
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

You know that I'd be willing to help out in any and all ways with your camporee, need a first aider too?

Do you have a location set yet? public campground, state campground, backyard?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    You know that I'd be willing to help out in any and all ways with your camporee, need a first aider too?

Yah, I know. I suppose you are going to show the girls how to do the "Collaborate the GPS" dance? One, two, and spina round girls!

I will write you down for a First Aider. I am not sure if we have one yet.

This will be for the teen girls. Whatever they are caled now. Cadettes and Seniors, Teens, or 11 to 17 girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Do you have a location set yet? public campground, state campground, backyard?

We have checked with Thomas Point Beach in Brunswick. Theya re a bit pricey for us but not out of hte picture as of yet.

I have e-mailed several campgrounds in the Litchfield, Freeport, Brunswick area and have not heard anything back yet.

Have any place inmind that we might be able to use that doesn't cost an arm a leg and a another arm? The girls are in the Brunswick, Topsham, Bowdoin, Harpswell area.

Oh, there won't be a slip and slide there....sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow View Post
    We have checked with Thomas Point Beach in Brunswick. Theya re a bit pricey for us but not out of hte picture as of yet.

I have e-mailed several campgrounds in the Litchfield, Freeport, Brunswick area and have not heard anything back yet.

Have any place inmind that we might be able to use that doesn't cost an arm a leg and a another arm? The girls are in the Brunswick, Topsham, Bowdoin, Harpswell area.

Oh, there won't be a slip and slide there....sorry.
    Have you checked Reid State Park yet? I think they have campsites (and they have really nice beaches) and its just south of georgetown (turn right after the big bridge in bath drive for about 25 min and stop at the water)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Have you checked Reid State Park yet? I think they have campsites (and they have really nice beaches) and its just south of georgetown (turn right after the big bridge in bath drive for about 25 min and stop at the water)
    I don't think Reid State park has camping. I looked online and we (family)have been there many times. I odn't recall seeing any camping. It is a great place to go, lots of sand and surf to play in.

Thanks for trying to help us out. Anybody else know of any hidden places we could use? We need an inexpensive , free would be GREAT, place to hold camporee.

I know that there are many very giving and willing to teach geocachers out there. I will be posting again when the time gets a bit closer.

Keep those ideas coming!!

Cheryl

What do you actually need to hold a camporee? I mean what type of space do you need and any other things. What I mean is does it have to have an open field and how many tents are you planning on setting up ect?
    Blazing Troll

Rick -

Camporee is a camping weekend for the girls. We are planning to do a Survivor theme. We have talked about team challenges(games), a food challenge and having the girls make their own buffs and tribe banner. We also have a bigger campfire in the evenings.We have the Boy Scouts bringing a rope bridge for the girls to cross. We want to have a GPS/Geocache sesion. Teach te girls how to use a GPS and then have a few hidden for them to find. OR do like Kaching Karen did at your Pig Roast withthe clues being found and then they need to go find the bigger cache. If we have water available we want to have a canoing course.

As far as tents go that depends on how many decide to come. We are looking at anywhere from 25 to 100 people. An open field would most likely be needed to do the games. We also need bathroom facilities.

Do you have a place in mind? Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow View Post
    Rick -

Camporee is a camping weekend for the girls. We are planning to do a Survivor theme. We have talked about team challenges(games), a food challenge and having the girls make their own buffs and tribe banner. We also have a bigger campfire in the evenings.We have the Boy Scouts bringing a rope bridge for the girls to cross. We want to have a GPS/Geocache sesion. Teach te girls how to use a GPS and then have a few hidden for them to find. OR do like Kaching Karen did at your Pig Roast withthe clues being found and then they need to go find the bigger cache. If we have water available we want to have a canoing course.

As far as tents go that depends on how many decide to come. We are looking at anywhere from 25 to 100 people. An open field would most likely be needed to do the games. We also need bathroom facilities.

Do you have a place in mind? Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.
    I knew what a camporee was but I was wondering what you needed for an area. I was going to offer my property, but it does not seem like it will fit the needs. I use to be a boy scout years ago (more then I can count) and I think the boy scouts call it a jamboree. The onces that I attended were pretty darn big. I had fun at each one too.
    Blazing Troll