vb:literal>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: An Association?

WhereRWe?

Don't get me wrong I totally agree with you and after reading your reply. I agree it should not be a cache event. But I still think it should not be isulated to Central Maine.

I designed a little banner real quick. I did this in about 15 minutes so it may not be a very good one. I did not know what you wanted for wording. Let me know what you want and I can change it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gmlogo.gif 
Views:	597 
Size:	1.6 KB 
ID:	18   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gmlogo1.gif 
Views:	591 
Size:	1.6 KB 
ID:	19  
    Last edited by attroll; 11-24-2004 at 01:18 PM.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    WhereRWe?

Don't get me wrong I totally agree with you and after reading your reply. I agree it should not be a cache event. But I still think it should not be isulated to Central Maine.

I designed a little banner real quick. I did this in about 15 minutes so it may not be a very good one. I did not know what you wanted for wording. Let me know what you want and I can change it.
    As I said, I'm easy to get along with regardless of what RULOST2? tells you.

My only reason for suggesting a "central Maine" organization was that I thought it would be easier to get members to a meeting if it were a fairly regional group.

I like the banners - my only suggestion would be to drop the "organization", and just call the group "Geocaching Maine".

We could still have a Organization and just meet in Central Maine. Just a thought. I have not heard much from anyone else.
    Blazing Troll

I added something to the banner. What do you think? Should I stick with the white background?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gmlogo2.gif 
Views:	586 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	20  
    Blazing Troll

Default Geocaching Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh and friends
    I think that Geocaching Maine is fine just like it is. Why fix it if it aint broke.

You already have a lot going on, the cookouts/cache events, the gatherings for wings n beer, day trips and campouts to name just a few. From past experience the more complicated a group becomes the harder it is to do the things you want with out a lot of red tape. I haven’t had any luck making it to the events in the past year but from all the postings it sounds like there are some excellent people in this group putting in a lot of hours making it (Geocaching Maine) happen.
    I think I have to agree with Pooh and Friends.

I added something to the banner. What do you think? Should I stick with the white background?
    Wow! I like that! Why don't you put it up as a poll question - along with the other examples - and see what people think? My gut feeling is that a lot of people don't follow these threads...

I really like the latest banner effort attroll! I like the title Maine Geocaching Organization better though....seems to make more sense "syntax-wise"!

I like the banner...

As far as the assosiation, I have to agree with Pooh. The assosiations seem to help most when there needs to be a lot of organization as far as working with the parks and other local authorities as far as cache placement. I don't think that's a big enough issue that we can't handle as the group we are at the moment, and hope it never comes to the point where we need to take a ranger with us to place caches as it is in some places.

In order for either method to work, we need to keep in touch with as many of each other as possible, especially those who would not pay attention to these forums or an assosiation, and educate them when we have the opportunity.

Here is another neat logo I was playing with. What is does when it is posted on a site is shows the stats of the web site. Each time the stats change the logo changes to match the stats. When another new post is posted or a new member signs on the stats in the logo change.

Last edited by attroll; 11-26-2004 at 02:46 AM.
    Blazing Troll

Here is another neat logo I was playing with. What is does when it is posted on a site is shows the stats of the web site. Each time the stats change the logo changes to match the stats. When another new post is posted or a new member signs on the stats in the logo change.

I had to change this type of graphic with the data. If I left it the way it was it would have put to much of a load on the server. I fixed it so that it only updates every 15 minutes.
    Blazing Troll