vb:literal>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An Association?

Can it link back to this site?

Talking My 2 Cents

Hey folks,finally back in Maine after a 3 week or so hiatus to South and North Carolina visiting my sister who is being hospitalized and is improving everyday now. I tend to agree with Pooh and some of the others about having a Central Maine organization. Do we really need such organization? I think the numbers are not really there to be begin with,heck we would all be officers and not have any members....lol. I think the core group of Maine cachers we have are the best and we are quite active in this forum and try and keep each other informed as to what is going on. I just love the last banner that you made Rick. I think even once an hour or even once a day would be plenty to update the stats on the banner don't you think? There was mention of having an event in the Central Maine area and I think that we all forget that the Geochicks have been having an annual event in Augusta these past 2 years and have thoroughly enjoyed meeting new and old friends there despite the rain. They have done an excellent job hosting that event.There has also been another event at Agamenticus, the CITO event each year that I havent been able to attend but know some of the northerners have made.So all in all, even without a a so-called organization there seems to be organization amongst this membership just as it stands. Well just my 2 cents!!!! Hope to see my old buds out caching soon...... Haffy
    Last edited by Haffy; 11-26-2004 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Can it link back to this site?
    I think the only way it can be done is manually. Because you are pulling the save graphic from the following link:
    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/signatures/signature.jpg

You would have to set that up where ever you put it on the web page or in the message you posted when you post. Like in this message right below.

What this is actually suppose to do is the server every 15 minutes updates the graphic and puts the correct information in it. Or it depends on how often I set it to update. As of right now I can not get it to work correctly. I contacted my server guy and asked him why it is not updating. I am waiting for a reply now.

Last edited by attroll; 11-26-2004 at 01:23 PM.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Hey folks,finally back in Maine after a 3 week or so hiatus to South and North Carolina visiting my sister who is being hospitalized and is improving everyday now. I tend to agree with Pooh and some of the others about having a Central Maine organization. Do we really need such organization? I think the numbers are not really there to be begin with,heck we would all be officers and not have any members....lol. I think the core group of Maine cachers we have are the best and we are quite active in this forum and try and keep each other informed as to what is going on. I just love the last banner that you made Rick. I think even once an hour or even once a day would be plenty to update the stats on the banner don't you think? There was mention of having an event in the Central Maine area and I think that we all forget that the Geochicks have been having an annual event in Augusta these past 2 years and have thoroughly enjoyed meeting new and old friends there despite the rain. They have done an excellent job hosting that event.There has also been another event at Agamenticus, the CITO event each year that I havent been able to attend but know some of the northerners have made.So all in all, even without a a so-called organization there seems to be organization amongst this membership just as it stands. Well just my 2 cents!!!! Hope to see my old buds out caching soon...... Haffy

I don't think ANYONE has forgotten the great - and quite wet this year - events the Geochicks held in Augusta. But jeeze, Haffy! Those were MONTHS ago!

I would love to see our Maine Geocachers get organized and become a organization. But as someone else has meantioned. We are a very small group right now. Once we become larger then maybe we can look into it. Maybe we should wait a little longer and see what we get for turn outs at events and on this web site and go from there.

Blazing Troll

Did someone say beer & wings?

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb
    Did someone say beer & wings?
    The wife and I have been talking about putting together something like a Beer and Wings event here in the Lewiston Auburn area this winter. But we can not do it until after the Xmas. Then the weather plays a big factor in it. The other factor for us is that this is the middle of snowmobile season so it would have to be a Sunday for us.
    Blazing Troll

Default Party Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    The wife and I have been talking about putting together something like a Beer and Wings event here in the Lewiston Auburn area this winter. But we can not do it until after the Xmas. Then the weather plays a big factor in it. The other factor for us is that this is the middle of snowmobile season so it would have to be a Sunday for us.
    OK - then set a date!

I will talk to the wife when she comes home tonight from work and see if we can come up with a date and a place where it can be held and post it as soon as we come up with something.
    Blazing Troll

Thumbs up Hmmm, count me in gang

I have been following the thread since it started. I am willing to help an association form if that's the direction everyone wants to head. There are a lot of cachers in this immediate area who come on to the website and sign up only never to be heard from again. An actual sit down and chat face to face may be worse. I'd like to think it wouldn't. There is definitly a "core group" who would be there for most every meeting or get together or whatever you would call it. And a much larger group who would rarely if ever show up. Those of you who know me personally know that I'd be there come hell or high water. I will be willing to assist in organizing some kind of e-mailing to people to see if there is any interest in an association. That way the cart won't be in front of the horse. As usual these are just my opinions. And Rick as usual you've made a really neat banner/counter. I like it with the contour lines on it. Good job! Beer and wings......mmmmmmmm! I'll see you there.