vb:literal>

Thread: Can you list a Geocoin as a TB??

Default Can you list a Geocoin as a TB??

I just placed my 1st Maine Geocoin today and I am wondering if you can list a Geocoin as a TB on www.geocaching.com I see there are coins listed in the inventory of caches as coins but seem to be listed as TB's. If you can, how do you do it. What would the TB # be an so on?

I did log it on this site

Thanks, Brian

Brianbo@iglide.net

Default Not trackable

The Maine geocoins are NOT trackable on Geocaching.com What you can do is drill a hole in the coin, ( this tends to make the coin less desirable and therefore, not so likely to be kept ) and attach a Geocaching Travel Bug dog tag to it. That would make it trackable, on Geocaching.com. Hope this helps. I understand the new Maine coins will be trackable.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Trackable, kinda...

The first Maine geocoin is trackable on the geocachingmaine.org website.

Click on the "Maine Coin Tracking" block on this website's homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianbo View Post
    I just placed my 1st Maine Geocoin today and I am wondering if you can list a Geocoin as a TB on www.geocaching.com I see there are coins listed in the inventory of caches as coins but seem to be listed as TB's. If you can, how do you do it. What would the TB # be an so on?

I did log it on this site

Thanks, Brian

Brianbo@iglide.net
    Guess I can't really add much to this "conversation" since everything worth saying has been said, except to say welcome to geocachingmaine.org.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

i combined the Maine coin with a USA geocoin and entered it as a TB with a dog tag. didnt drill holes but used the plastic envelopes. the TB is now in CA. everyone who has found and dropped it has commented on how nice it is as a set. ME USA.
    I am starting to use geocoins more than making up TB now. just easier to drop them off and i belong to geo coin club. plus they fit into mose caches.
    5 cent pirate