vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Season

Hybrid View

Default Hunting Season

This is just a reminder to all you geocachers out there that the deer hunting season is upon us starting this Saturday for residents and then Monday through the end of the whole month of November for all the rest. Just be aware that it is a wise idea to be wearing your orange if you are caching out in the woods. Cachers do get a break on Sundays as there is no hunting allowed. Also if you have animals with you it is also a good idea to dress them in the hunter orange as well. You get that Brad?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thanks for this post. I adopted a cache on private land and the landowner was most concerned about sport activites on the land. Hunting was one but also bear baiting which has a different season. Thanks for the reminder - lots of nice breakfasts to start out if we want to cache on Saturday.

Thanks for the reminder!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Thanks for warning everyone, Haffy! Sheesh! When I'm hunting, I'll shoot at anything that moves! (Leaves, pine trees, the apple coreI left at the last stump...)

Default As one of my students said...

I come from a town where everyone hunts. It always amazes me because I've never held a gun before and do not come from a hunting family. One of my students said about hunting the other day.... "If it's brown, it goes down!'

Oh I must inject - who taught that child hunter safety? I was brought up as my Dad's little boy but we were always safety conscious.

Married to law enforcement - loaded firearms have been a way of life with me forever. My children (now grown) learned to shoot about the time they were strong enough to hold a weapon. They knew the rules too - brown goes down was not part of the lesson.

Was caching today and didn't have on orange but florescent yellow - did hear shooting in the nearby woods. I knew I was visiable.

Everyone stay safe out there!

Default Don't Worry

Hollora, I was just as horrified by the statement as you are. I know the kid has taken hunter safety and is pretty level headed. I did give him a bit of a lecture, though.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Hollora, I was just as horrified by the statement as you are. I know the kid has taken hunter safety and is pretty level headed. I did give him a bit of a lecture, though.

Sounds to me that that child may have learned something from their parents and maybe that needs to be addressed. If I would have said something as stupid as that growing up in my house hold I would have been beaten severly. Its a shame that some will never be responsible hunters. THose will be the ones that hurt someone.

Now where does this kid hunt. I bought the ex wife a nice brown jacket and white hat many years ago that she still wears, I could take her for a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    If I would have said something as stupid as that growing up in my house hold I would have been beaten severly. Its a shame that some will never be responsible hunters.

Now where does this kid hunt. I bought the ex wife a nice brown jacket and white hat many years ago that she still wears, I could take her for a walk.
    Beaten severely as a child.......sounds like that may need to be addressed. As far as your last statement Dave, thats just not a real smart thing to be saying.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co. View Post
    Beaten severely as a child.......sounds like that may need to be addressed. As far as your last statement Dave, thats just not a real smart thing to be saying.
    Dont read to far into this. I was mearly saying that was not a tolerated comment in my house hold. And as far as my ex wife it was a joke, relax