vb:literal>

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Telltale Heart

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Although I have had the vaccine I am still careful of ticks. And FYI - if you are bitten and have the little sucker - and want to spend some money - they can identify its sex and also tell you if it was carrying Lyme or not.

Been there done that. Save the tick and bring it to your docs so they can send it away for testing (I put mine in one of those little ziplock bags that an extra button comes in). The tick I had was slightly larger than a fleck of pepper and they can't get conclusive results from testing something that small. The one I had was 60% +/- chance of carrying Lyme disease so they treated me with antibiotics to be on the safe side. All I had to pay was my doctor's visit co-pay.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post

but you still didn't answer the question... what's a grue?!?!?
    According to Wikipedia...

Did the Tell Tale Heart last night and what a cache that was. Didn't come home with any tics either. But that is a great cache if you are looking for a scare. GREAT JOB!!!:0) I would recommend this to anyone who wants a little fright in their night

We were in the area for the WWFM event. We cached in Orono in the afternoon. As dark approached we made a pit stop at Tim Hortons for a bite to eat and a potty break. We wanted to make sure we didn't wet our pants if we got really scared.
    This was a great cache!!! The dew on the rocks and the park bench glowed, even the cache container, which was covered in dew was reflecting back at us. We did head towards the Grue at one point ...just to tease him a bit then turned around before he could get to us.
    We will definately recommend this cache to anyone going to the area. We had a great time and Zoltarus put lots of work into this cache.
    No ticks found one advantage to caching further north.

This is the best cache I have ever done so far. We need more like this one.!

Where the hell is that thing?

Ben and I did this cache last week and had so much fun!!! His mom and siblings are visiting us next month and would like us to introduce them to caching... I think this will be the first cache we show them. I'm a little nervous since his siblings are young (twin 8 year old boys, a 12 year old boy and a 16 year old girl) and I know I would have been scared senseless at that age, but my mother in law is confident the kids will love it so I guess we'll give it a try. As long as it goes well I think this will be an incredible introduction for them.

Quote Originally Posted by benandtina View Post
    Ben and I did this cache last week and had so much fun!!! His mom and siblings are visiting us next month and would like us to introduce them to caching... I think this will be the first cache we show them. I'm a little nervous since his siblings are young (twin 8 year old boys, a 12 year old boy and a 16 year old girl) and I know I would have been scared senseless at that age, but my mother in law is confident the kids will love it so I guess we'll give it a try. As long as it goes well I think this will be an incredible introduction for them.
    I'm still too scared to go myself . . . well that and usually by the time 4 o'clock rolls around I want to head home and not linger in the Big City.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Definitely one of my favorites.

I have to agree, I have been there twice. Definitely worth it, and definitely do it on a dark night!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Unfortunately when I took a group out there last fall, much of it had been destroyed.

We still had a good time as I was telling them ghost stories the whole way in.

I'll go back soon.