vb:literal>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Telltale Heart

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    We've had this cache on our list for a long time. In fact, two or three times we planned to do it, and we either was too tired by the end of the day (it's awful to get old) or the weather was horrible, or we got stuck doing something else. Hopefully sometime soon!
    Same here . . . maybe I'll grab it after work in a few weeks when the clocks roll back and it starts to get dark around 4:30 p.m. That should be as good a time as any . . . and right before Halloween.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Not to go off subject too much....but how are the TICKS on this cache??? We did an awesome night cache last year at this time....Double dare ya night cache! AWESOME time...but the ticks...ewwwweee! I want to take the kids this year to this one, but the ticks have me spooked already!

I have yet to get a tick on me in my life any further north than Fairfield, an hour south of this cache. I am sure they exist and someone will confirm that, but it has not happened to me. Worrying about ticks often takes some of the fun out of southern caching.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I just got back from the cache and found no ticks on me.

I found a tick on me after caching today around the Unity/Freedom area. It was still running, hadn't settled on one tasty spot yet. YUK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltarus View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grue_(monster)

A Grue is a sinister, lurking presence in the dark places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
    Those of us who have been playing computer games for more than 25 years know that the "Grue" is from one of the original text based game series, "Zork" (and sequels). In Zork, you had the option of going up, down, right, or left, and in many instances, you received the response "are you sure you want to to do that? You might get eaten by a Grue". And being eaten meant you had to start over from a "save point" - if you remembered to save! LOL!

I remember spending MANY hours pouring over printouts of my "adventures", trying to find where I went wrong. Text based games were great!

(I still have many of those games, if anyone wants to try them...)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Those of us who have been playing computer games for more than 25 years know that the "Grue" is from one of the original text based game series, "Zork" (and sequels). In Zork, you had the option of going up, down, right, or left, and in many instances, you received the response "are you sure you want to to do that? You might get eaten by a Grue". And being eaten meant you had to start over from a "save point" - if you remembered to save! LOL!

I remember spending MANY hours pouring over printouts of my "adventures", trying to find where I went wrong. Text based games were great!

(I still have many of those games, if anyone wants to try them...)
    Ahhh... the TRS-80. No graphics, so you HAD to use text based games, or type homework or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Ahhh... the TRS-80. No graphics, so you HAD to use text based games, or type homework or something...
    Sheesh! I might have know that an "Apple person" would have started with a TRS-80! LOL! I'd bet 99% of us Commodore users went with Microsoft! LOL! (And I'd bet the Commodore Amiga was the impetus for Apple's GUI !) And Double Sheesh! I've still got a box of pin-fed paper printed with the Commodore logo! LOL!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I have yet to get a tick on me in my life any further north than Fairfield, an hour south of this cache. I am sure they exist and someone will confirm that, but it has not happened to me. Worrying about ticks often takes some of the fun out of southern caching.

We have the ever popular winter tick up here. They tend to hang out mostly on moose through the winter. But I have a pic of a moose that they are so abundant on his bare spots that it looks horrible.

Sorry Dave but I was just trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I might have know that an "Apple person" would have started with a TRS-80! LOL! I'd bet 99% of us Commodore users went with Microsoft! LOL! (And I'd bet the Commodore Amiga was the impetus for Apple's GUI !) And Double Sheesh! I've still got a box of pin-fed paper printed with the Commodore logo! LOL!
    Sorry Bruce, my next door neighbor had the TRS-80, and he's a software engineer now, PC only.
    I started with the Atari 800. We splurged for the extra 16K of RAM, only $400, waddadeal! (Star Raiders Ruled!!!), Almost got a commodore, a friend had hundreds of games.