vb:literal>

Thread: Punkin Chunkin?

Exclamation Punkin Chunkin?

Yup, you read it right. I have watched this on TV for the past 2 years and want to see it in person. Punkin Chunkin World Championship, Millsboro Delaware This year the dates are Nov. 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Friday, Sat.and Sunday. It is 530 miles one way from Portland. I will be driving the 10 hours, so if anyone wants to join me. ( and probally Troy ) this is something you will talk about for years. The current record is over 4200 feet.

Here's another link: whatsonwhen.com - World Punkin' Chunkin' Championships

There is camping available.
    Last edited by Team2hunt; 10-12-2006 at 06:33 PM. Reason: my math skills
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Thanks for the link. Those guys are CRAZY

Sheesh! And Delaware is one state we haven't cached in yet! LOL!

I wonder...

Wink Sheesh,

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! And Delaware is one state we haven't cached in yet! LOL!

I wonder...
    Yes, there are caches in Delaware. And lots nearby the site. CAUTION: wear a hard hat, if you plan on caching at one of those " nearby " caches.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

d’76 Guest

Scroll down through the videos they are in alpha order. THere are some neat contraptions

http://www.rossmernyk.com/videos.html

I read about this years and years ago in a Compressed Air Magazine article, I believe. It looks like a blast!! We would love to go see it someday. I expect a full report when you get back

Official website: http://www.punkinchunkin.com/

Thumbs up Road Trip!!

Since no one took us up on our offer. Troy and I are headed to the World Championships, this Friday. We are both shirking our responsibilities, he with school and I with work. We have arranged for a hotel room and have the coords, so we wont get lost. We will take and post lots of pictures, and probally grab a cache or two. I'll try not to get our 1000th find along the way. Troy is psyched and so am I. Can you say ROAD TRIP!!

Have a great trip! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Have a wicked good time - make those memories!

Thumbs up Way too much fun

Okay we have returned home after one of the most amazing times Troy and I have had in a long time. The Chunkin was spectacular. Posting the stories here would not do justice to the site of an 8lb, white, frozen punkin travelling some 1000' up in the air, and lasting for over 10 seconds. That's over 3000'. The noise, the people, the great time we had. We even had time to visit Ocean City Maryland, on Sunday. I will post a few pics, but the stories. You will have to run into us at an event or on the trails. One last thing to leave you with. You ought to see what an 8lb punkin can do to your car parked in the parking lot.