vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N route

d’76 Guest

Default N route

We had a discussion awhile ago about auotorouting and garmin. Garmin had disconitinued autorouting in many of there programs, they replaced it with N route which downloads to the laptop and then you connect your gpsr to the laptop. THis is a really neat program and I like it alot. It gives you voice turn by turn. I have had trouble with the reception while it was connected. I frequently loose reception. I was caching with Mainiac1957 the other day and tried using his the same way and we run into the same problem.

I checked all of the obvious stuff. I also checked gc.coms forumns and there wasnt much there on the topic. One other guy had the same problem. Any thoughts would be great.

I use a Garmin GPS60CSx and have never had a problem with Nroute. I traveled all the way to the midwest with it.

Thumbs up Well Dave!

I guess it's 60 csx's for us
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I guess it's 60 csx's for us
    YES!!! You don't know caching until you've cached with a Garmin 60csx!

RULOST2? is in Mississippi visiting family, and she has our Garmin 60c so we can get ONE cache in Mississippi. She called me today, mission accomplished, but the 60c was all over the place! I logged 10 caches yesterday and 6 today, and NEVER a quiver with the 60csx!

(Anyone want to buy a Garmin 60c? EXCELLENT condition!)

[quote=WhereRWe?] You don't know caching until you've cached with a Garmin 60csx! [quote]

Boy you got that right!!

I went caching today with my new 60csx and struggled the better part of the morning. ai yi yi - it is quite different from my vista. I really like some of the features (the routing is awesome!), but was having a very hard time with distance to the cache - there were times when i was more than a half mile off as compared to another gps and we both had the same coordinates.

I tossed the blasted thing in the backseat. I will spare you the explatives that came out of my mouth as it landed on the seat. In the afternoon I pulled it out again to see if it would be better now that I had calmed down - lol. It was.

I still have some tweaking to do - I am sure it has something to do with the way I have things set or the way I am interpreting the information.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default Using NRoute

I was out for the last three days with Team2Hunt, KachingKaren, and TAT. I had my laptop connected to my older Vista C running nroute and other than a very occasional satellite lost, I never had any issue.

If it's possible, it would be interesting to run nroute on a different laptop with the GPSr and see if it's giving the same issues.

Personally, I suspect there's something up with the USB port since more than one GPSr gave you issues. Finding someone with a laptop and a GPSr that you could swap for a little while will narrow down the problem quickly. Depending on how soon you want to do this, I'd volunteer for a caching session but my time is limited in the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post

I really like some of the features (the routing is awesome!), but was having a very hard time with distance to the cache - there were times when i was more than a half mile off as compared to another gps and we both had the same coordinates.
    Don't understand that! Too bad you didn't have someone with you that is familiar with the 60csx who could have figured out the problem. I've done a bit of caching in the last couple of days, and NEVER lost a signal with mine. GPSr brought me to the cache every time.

Perhaps you can do a review with me when we are at the event on the 9th.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post
    Perhaps you can do a review with me when we are at the event on the 9th.
    My pleasure! (But as I learned today - 3 DNF's! - even a very accurate GPSr won't find the cache for you! LOL!)

ohhhhhhhh, nevermind then - lol
    Just kidding, having a great GPS will increase the likelihood that I will find it at least.
    ~ Beach Comber ~