vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another cacher conquers the DeLorme Challenge

Congrats!!!
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

Just curious....how much gas money DID you spend?
    "When I get back I'm bringing a weedwacker and a stun gun!"

That's awesome Karen, congratulations!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Wink Beats sitting on the couch eating bon-bons

Not that there is anything wrong with that. Glad to have been on a few choice hunts with you. See you soon!
    Happy Trails!

Congrats Karen!!! This makes you the FTFF !!! First to Find Female!!!
    Woo hoo!!! Job Well done!!

Congratulations!!!

Default Where do I start?

I know! Thanks to Team2hunt for taking me along on his marathon caching trips. About a month ago he knew I was at home in a lot of pain and asked if I wanted to go caching with him for a day. Now, some of you may think that's cruel, but he knew the heated truck seats would do me wonders. So, we headed north. On the way home, that night, we got talking about me doing the Delorme Challenge. When I got home I figured it out and wow, I was darn close!
    Thanks to TAT for doing a lot of caches with me. We both like challenging ones and he invited me along (or did I invite myself along?) to capture Map 9 as a kayak trip.
    Kayakerinme suggested that we spend last weekend sweeping up the last caches. Thanks to him for letting me tag along.
    Mainiac1957 shares Map 61 with TAT, Team2hunt and I and we're the only ones who can claim it at this point. That was a wonderful caching experience in the Allagash.
    There are so many more people that I have met through caching at events. Isn't this a great activity?

Right on KK. It is such a fun, outdoor activity.

I remember my first non-CITO event in an unbelievable thunder & lightening storm with torrential downpour of rain. It was kaykerinme's event and Team2hunt was there as well, TAT too..........I think a little unbelieving that a nearly 60 year old woman and her 30 year old daughter were actually enjoying themselves.

Hope to do more with the group. I am not a great water person in a kayak but do enjoy camping. Here's to many more fun times.

I know this was a great adventure for you and although it took you a while to get 400 (as you posted when I made it)........it will take me forever or I may never finish the DeLorme.........so you rock girl!

Here's to the friendships, fun and beautiful places we have all seen.

Smile You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    it will take me forever or I may never finish the DeLorme..........
    Oh, you will make it....and it will consist of many great adventures! How many maps do you have left anyway?

Haven't counted yet, but, Aroostook County here we come - right gals?