vb:literal>

Thread: RE: Kill Barrow and other common kid's games

Default RE: Kill Barrow and other common kid's games

For those of you who might enjoy reading my humor column . . .

This column is based on the banning of tag in Attleboro, MASS's School Department.

http://www.villagesoup.com//guestcol...?storyID=82167
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    For those of you who might enjoy reading my humor column . . .

This column is based on the banning of tag in Attleboro, MASS's School Department.

http://www.villagesoup.com//guestcol...?storyID=82167
    Good one, Jake!

I'd forgotten about "apple sticking". And when I was "that age", we didn't have to worry about snowmobile trails. There weren't any snowmobiles! LOL!

Great article!

I remember as a kid that we had these plastic snow toys - they had a cup like end and a long handle. The object of the toy was to fill the cup end with snow and then fling it like a snowball. Well, it didn't take long for us to figure out that if you packed the snow hard enough in the cup end that you would have an ice ball that could do some real damage to your sibling, arch rival, or friends. Holy smokes - there was some cryin' those days.

The other thing I thought about was the treehouse. We built them too. Only if you were on the outs with any of your "carpenter" friends you would find yourself working on the inside of the tree house and then nailed in tight. Yep, you bet - more cryin' over that too!

Ahhhh, the memories.
    ~ Beach Comber ~