Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: How Did I Manage to Miss This Place????

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bethel, Maine
    Posts
    3

    Exclamation How Did I Manage to Miss This Place????

    Howdy folks.
    I've been at this "geocaching thing" for several years (off and on), and had no idea there was a Maine website.
    Now that I know it's here I'll try and stop by more often

    Scott

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer,ME
    Posts
    2,576

    Default Glad you did

    Nice to see new folks come in and try us out. We have a pretty good little group here. Come to Skowhegan on the 9th. Many of us will be at the event there. Some good charities as well as getting to meet some fellow cachers face to face. Welcome in.
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maine MountainMan View Post
    Howdy folks.
    I've been at this "geocaching thing" for several years (off and on), and had no idea there was a Maine website.
    Now that I know it's here I'll try and stop by more often

    Scott
    Well... we were trying to keep this place a secret... now that you know about it... sorry we're gunna have to kill you...

    Welcome and enjoy!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maine MountainMan View Post
    Howdy folks.
    I've been at this "geocaching thing" for several years (off and on), and had no idea there was a Maine website.
    Now that I know it's here I'll try and stop by more often

    Scott
    Welcome to geocachinmaine.org MaineMountainMan . . . I have some fond memories of Bethel -- I proposed to my wife at Screw Auger Falls (figured if she said no I could always throw myself over the falls . . . fortunately she said yes . . . well fortunately for me, not so fortunate for her ). My best friend's dad lives in Bethel (after migrating there from Massachusetts) so I used to go there every once in a while so Matt could combine a visit with me and his dad . . . haven't been there in some time though and I know there's got to be plenty of caches out that way, right?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Welcome MaineMountainMan. As you can read we have a pretty diverse group of cachers here from all walks of like and age groups. Nice to have someone from the western Maine area and look forward to you spending more time here on the site and maybe meeting at an event in the near future. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have about anything geocaching related,we always have someone here who can be helpful. Happy Caching Haffy
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  6. #6
    dí76 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Welcome to geocachinmaine.org MaineMountainMan . . . I have some fond memories of Bethel -- I proposed to my wife at Screw Auger Falls (figured if she said no I could always throw myself over the falls . . . fortunately she said yes . . . well fortunately for me, not so fortunate for her ). My best friend's dad lives in Bethel (after migrating there from Massachusetts) so I used to go there every once in a while so Matt could combine a visit with me and his dad . . . haven't been there in some time though and I know there's got to be plenty of caches out that way, right?

    Jake, Jake, Jake,

    Havent I taught you anything??? If she said no you could have thrown her over the falls.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Jake, Jake, Jake,

    Havent I taught you anything??? If she said no you could have thrown her over the falls.
    No, no no! If her answer had been no, she would have thrown Jake over the falls! Sheesh!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Jake, Jake, Jake,

    Havent I taught you anything??? If she said no you could have thrown her over the falls.
    Everyone's a comedian.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    No, no no! If her answer had been no, she would have thrown Jake over the falls! Sheesh!
    Like I said . . . everyone!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Auburn, Maine
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Welcome!! Glad you're here - the more the merrier!!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •