vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Delorme victory!

Thanks Cameo - I checked that out too. Nice work.
    I am still interested in the answers to the MapSource questions I posted so that I can transfer other information from GSAK into MapSource as well.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default Easiest

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post
    Thanks Cameo - I checked that out too. Nice work.
    I am still interested in the answers to the MapSource questions I posted so that I can transfer other information from GSAK into MapSource as well.
    The easiest way for me is to load the waypoints into my GPS'r and use the " retrieve from device " to put the waypoints into Mapsource. I know it's not right but it works.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Cool! Thanks. I am almost there - I am a new MapSource user so am learning the ropes. I have cleared your waypoints and info from the map and saved it on my system to import mine. I have generated PQ's with my finds from GC.com and have loaded these into GSAK. Here is where I am stuck - two questions.........

In what file type is it best to save data in GSAK to import into MapSource?
    When in MapSource how do I import the data from GSAK? I am only seeing a way to receive information from my GPS, but nothing else.

Thanks for your help!!
    Hey Judy you say you have generated PQ's for your finds? Why don't you use the my finds PQ and just get them all in one PQ. Then when you export them into Mapsource go to transfer at the top and it will say either to or from the device. Seems that would be the easiest way to go. When in GSAK use that PQ that you just generated and go to File> Export> Mapsource and you will have all the caches from that PQ now in Mapsource.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

In what file type is it best to save data in GSAK to import into MapSource?
    When in MapSource how do I import the data from GSAK? I am only seeing a way to receive information from my GPS, but nothing else.
    You're ahead of me on this because I had to go to a meeting this afternoon, and didn't get a chance to work on it. But to answer your last question...

In GSAK, do the filter to get your "finds", then click on file/export/mapsource to create a file on your desktop.

Then in Mapsource, go to file/open to open the "finds" file into your map.

Kinda quick answer, but I think I've given you enough info...

Bingo!! Thanks Bruce - this approach worked. Cool!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

I did the "stick pins in a 2x4' paper map on corkboard" to plan out the routing, then printed a bunch of pages (This was before I bought my Palm T/X and PQ'ed everything )

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Just a question...

How do you keep track of your Delorme finds? Do you load all your finds into Street Atlas and then manually stick pins in the paper maps? Or is there a way to put the paper map boundaries into Street Atlas?

Default My method

Okay this one is for the people who don't have the fancy machines. When I first thinking about the challenge I had Brdad do a real cool map for me. I made the query off of geocaching.com and sent it to him. It showed me which maps I needed. As I did caches in the area I wrote them on a spread sheet much like the GSAK one and checked off the map. When I needed a cache in a map area, I'd go to an area in the map, or close to it, put in the zip code and look at google map and look at the Delorme Gazetteer and figure it out. It wasn't fancy, but it worked.

Thumbs up I liked Barry's way!

I used the map Kayakerinme post. Took his off, and put mine on. Awesome!!!
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Holy cow! Some of those caches are in the middle of nowhere. But then again.....OK!!
    I only have 26 maps left and looks like a few you can't even drive too. I predict that is going to take me all summer to accomplish!

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo View Post
    looks like a few you can't even drive too.
    There's one map that you can only get to on a unicycle!! (Just kidding, all the caches I did for the challenge had roads, just that some of them had grass growing up in the middle)