vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Another Delorme victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    There's one map that you can only get to on a unicycle!! (Just kidding, all the caches I did for the challenge had roads, just that some of them had grass growing up in the middle)
    Like the one for Map 46? How did you ever find that location?

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    What cache is that?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    What cache is that?
    I was referring to Sudonim's Little Falls Cache (GCWMFE) http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...aspx?wp=GCWMFE. It was placed as the only cache on map 46 for the challenge. It's way out in the middle of... well, I'm not really sure what it was in the middle of. It felt odd to have Canada south and west of the cache location.

We (T2H, KK, TAT, & I) were all wondering how he knew about this particular place. It's really a beautiful spot but it is very remote.

If you're up for the challenge, you'll probably wind up here eventually as it is one of several maps that have only one cache.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    OK, I didn't stumble on that spot, I got a tip.
    I knew I had to put a cache on that map to complete the challenge. The day before I was to set out for the area, I was explaining geocaching to one of my customers. Turns out he is a registered Maine guide (as well as guiding all over the world) and he was very familiar with that area. There is a stream just upstream from that spot named after him!
    With that info in hand, I found the picnic area (which he uses for a break on canoeing trips) and found a good spot to stash a cache. The mosquitoes were fierce, but I liked the spot, and it WAS on the right map!

Question I have a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    OK, I didn't stumble on that spot, I got a tip.
    I knew I had to put a cache on that map to complete the challenge.
    So how can you complete the challenge if you own the one cache on a particular map? Is there a stipulation in the rules that you can either log or own a cache on each map?

When the challenge was posted, there were several maps with no caches on them. Some maps were deemed out of play due to no apparent public access, but there were 4 maps that had public access, but no caches. I placed one on map 46, 48 and 57. Mainiac1957 put a really pretty one on map 38. My big stumbling block was map 67. There was only one cache listed, and I DNF'ed it. Gob-ler did the same and placed one in Ft. Kent. I had to drive all the way back from Bangor to get 1 cache..ugg!
    Short answer (too late) is that you can either own or find a cache on each page, the main idea is to go to all the pages and see Maine.