vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up for the Challenge!

Exclamation Up for the Challenge!

With all the talk lately, revolvong around the recent completions of The DeLorme Challenge. Have you thought about it? It will not only challenge you, but also give you an appreciation for how big our state really is. Have you been trevelling the highways and backroads, to complete it? I was wondering how many people are attempting to complete it, or who have a notion they too might be close to getting all the maps needed to log the find. The Team has only 2 maps left 8/9. I will hopefully finish it next weekend, with a group of really close friends, and 1manteam too!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Cache Maine has 26 left...8/9 included...and a few odd ones that I can't believe I've missed. There's no hurry, but I would like to continue to work on it a little bit at a time.

Wink Map Pages

I don't see a lot of people signing in on GCZ3QH or is it exempt due to the size of the state? Perhaps you are saving the best for last.
    We hate mindless caches placed in the woods without a reason, nothing but the cache in a plastic bag on a tree.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods Explorer View Post
    I don't see a lot of people signing in on GCZ3QH or is it exempt due to the size of the state? Perhaps you are saving the best for last.

That gc number takes me to a cache that is not published yet

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods Explorer View Post

You mean GCZEQH. It is on map 70, which was exempted by the cache owner because he thought some of the maps would not be good candidates for caches. Only Team Teebow can decide if it will be added to the Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    With all the talk lately, revolvong around the recent completions of The DeLorme Challenge. Have you thought about it? It will not only challenge you, but also give you an appreciation for how big our state really is. Have you been trevelling the highways and backroads, to complete it? I was wondering how many people are attempting to complete it, or who have a notion they too might be close to getting all the maps needed to log the find. The Team has only 2 maps left 8/9. I will hopefully finish it next weekend, with a group of really close friends, and 1manteam too!
    When the challenge was posted, I thought "That would take forever, too many maps left to do...". Then I started looking at what I had already done and realized that in a long day, you can cover a lot of ground, making big loops around the state. If you plan carefully so you don't have to backtrack, it makes finishing a lot easier to picture. I saw more bears in one day doing this than I have seen total in my life! I've been up more remote fire towers and been places I'd only read about. This was a great experience for me, well worth the gas!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    You mean GCZEQH. It is on map 70, which was exempted by the cache owner because he thought some of the maps would not be good candidates for caches. Only Team Teebow can decide if it will be added to the Challenge.
    Well then if map 70 has not been done then no-one has really successfully completed the Delorme Challenge then have they. Who is the first person to go to map 70 to complete a cache so that can say they have completely and successfully completed the Delorme Challenge the way it was originally indented?
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

There have been several people meet the critia for the delorme challenge (GCW8N6)set forth by Team Teebow. If everyone that started out has met those guide lines then they have completed the challenge . As stated in the cache description, those maps are exempt for a reason not just convience sake.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    There have been several people meet the critia for the delorme challenge (GCW8N6)set forth by Team Teebow. If everyone that started out has met those guide lines then they have completed the challenge . As stated in the cache description, those maps are exempt for a reason not just convience sake.
    But if you wanted to be do it like it was origanally intended then you should do them all.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    But if you wanted to be do it like it was origanally intended then you should do them all.
    Just remember to jump for joy the next time you find that lamp post micro at Wally World, since that's what was originally intended for you to do.

While the basic premis of the series is to find all maps, sometimes there has to be exceptions, as there was in the case here. At that point, it is up to the cache placer to decide. Who knows, maybe some day every map will be part of it and future finders will have to put forth a little more effort to complete it.

Either way, it's a challenge not to be belittled because adjustments were made. Many caches' difficulty vary with the seasons or when adjustments have to be made for other reasons.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."