vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebrate 2006 -"I'm Sitting!"

Default Celebrate 2006 -"I'm Sitting!"

January 21, 2007 (alternate date - January 28th)
    Celebrate 2006 - "I'm Sitting!" by Kaching Karen (GCZM1W)
    Augusta, Maine

It's now posted everyone! I've always wanted to do a winter event and here it is! If you've got any ideas I'm open to suggestions. Now, for an explanation of the title. When we cache with a group, it is customary for the first people who find the cache, to pretend they are still looking for a while. Then, they proudly announce, "I'm sitting!" and have a seat and enjoy the entertainment of watching the rest of us stuggle to find the cache. Why wait out a long winter without too much geocaching and meeting of friends? Come slide, skate, ski, snowshoe, eat, celebrate, and "sit" at a fun time. Bring the kids and hope for lots of snow!

Default Celebration Wall

Okay all. We are getting close to celebrating 2006 with a bang. I've been tossing around some ideas and would like all of your help. We'll have plenty to do if there is snow and even plenty to do without snow. There will be a "Celebration" wall where you can post what you want to remember about 2006. I'll have markers and stars for you to write on. So, start thinking about it NOW! You can post pictures on the wall (the old fashioned way) and take them home when the event is done.

Default Kid's/Adult Table

I'm thinking of having a "Make Your Own Signature Item" table out for the kids, but if you are like my family, the big kids will sit down and do some crafts also. Do you have some old pieces of small wood, pompoms, popcycle sticks, glue, beads, etc. that you would like to donate? I've got some stuff left over from when my kids were small.
    Someone mentioned that they had a small laminator. We could bring in a printer and have lables made for the kids creations. How much would the supplies cost for laminator stuff?

Default "How to..." table for big kids.

Team2hunt has suggested that we have a table set up to teach people about mapping software and how to use their GPSr's. Since I haven't got a clue about this stuff, does anyone want to volunteer? You don't have to do it for the whole event and if we have a couple of volunteers we can set times for a number of demonstrations.

Default Maine Delorme Challenge Also

Team Teebow has said he'll set up and answer any questions about the challenge. Any other presenters are welcome!

Hey KK you have your own discussion going here. Where are your friends? We have art type supplies we can bring, stuff my great aunt had around.
    Slowly but surely

I am willing to bring some film cannisters and bags if the kids also want to make CITO containers or pick up supplies to make some at home. Would this be helpful?

Will check on what I have for craft like supplies.

Default stuff

I have lots of scraps of wood and stuff. Will be glad to bring them along. Will also bring my laptop and mapping software, to display and show people some really interesting stuff, I think.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    I'm thinking of having a "Make Your Own Signature Item" table out for the kids, but if you are like my family, the big kids will sit down and do some crafts also. Do you have some old pieces of small wood, pompoms, popcycle sticks, glue, beads, etc. that you would like to donate? I've got some stuff left over from when my kids were small.
    Someone mentioned that they had a small laminator. We could bring in a printer and have lables made for the kids creations. How much would the supplies cost for laminator stuff?
    I have a bigger laminator(page size) and quite a bit of laminating material as well as business size sheets. If you want me to bring it let me know. I'll also bring my laptop with mapware.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I am willing to bring some film cannisters and bags if the kids also want to make CITO containers or pick up supplies to make some at home. Would this be helpful?

Will check on what I have for craft like supplies.
    Cito canisters is a great idea. So many times we see trash and so many times we say we need to start bringing bags.
    Slowly but surely