vb:literal>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Celebrate 2006 -"I'm Sitting!"

Default Can I?

Can I post my own event as a find?

How can I say "Thank you" to over 50 people who are just so wonderful? What a great time I had today and you all made it happen. I'm tired and have THE GAME on. Will post more thanks tomorrow when the brain is less cluttered.

Default I think you just did say thanks.

IMHO Karen... I have hosted 7 events, and have never found any of them. They go in your hidden column. I guess I look at it as double dipping. I do know that some folks choose to hide as well as find their own events. No written rules on the subject as far as I know.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry View Post
    What's with that Rick? I went sledding from my place over to Norridgwok yesterday and then went sledding with a bunch of friends. The trails over there were almost OK, some were good, but from New Sharon to about halfway there were crap. You were supposed to sled yesterday and do the event today. LOL
    Well Terry, The trails were pretty darn good. We put a little over 102 miles on the sled today. I had a great time. I look forward to doing it again next weekend.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post

How can I say "Thank you" to over 50 people who are just so wonderful? What a great time I had today and you all made it happen. I'm tired and have THE GAME on. Will post more thanks tomorrow when the brain is less cluttered.
    If your going to host it and spend the time and money of it and do all the organization then why not log it. It is one of those things where it is your decision.
    Blazing Troll

Sorry we didn't make it

I think the larger percentage says it's quite ok to log your own event. Not sure what I'd do, and I never will, since I will never host one! IIRC, that's part of the reason they changed the log to "attended". You can "attend" your own event, but it's kind of hard to "find" a cache you have hidden, when you allready know where it is. So, do whatever you feel like!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default miles , and miles, and miles....

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Well Terry, The trails were pretty darn good. We put a little over 102 miles on the sled today. I had a great time. I look forward to doing it again next weekend.

Heck Rick we did that kinda mileage just puttin out the kids cache.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default GREAT Event!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post

I have been reading the logs and I think we all had a GREAT time. Thanks KK for doing such a great job! 2 thumbs up! 1manteam liked it too

LOG IT!!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Saw Mumsbee and the Old Drone heading North on 95 this morning....hope they had a nice visit.

I wasn't sure it was them just by the NS plates...then I saw the Signal Frog antenna topper....that did it!

Thanks again for a super event...we had fun!

Default Thanks and They are Home

I am glad to report that MumsBee and the Old Drone are safe at home. They only had bad roads as far as Waterville. The remaining 485 miles were clear. Thanks to them for all the support at my house, preparing for the event, and cleaning up. That's a good gene pool I come from!

Thanks to Cameooo for coming up with the idea, and giving me a road report. Mum, Dad and I all had a good laugh on that posting.
    Thanks to Team2hunt and TAT for arriving the night before to take my mind off of things (yeah, I was nervous), set up the Kids Cache and get things going... especially the Technology Table. Thanks to Robt for helping with the technology and for the delicious left-overs.

FuddsGirls, Hollaro and Craftycaching all pitched in for the craft table. Laughing Terry brought his cool laminator to make tags. Thanks to Mainiac1957, GirlMate, and Dave1976 for calling and asking if there was anything I needed at the last minute! You guys arrived at the house just as everyone here was ready to string me up alive because I was getting "antsy."

And thanks to all the wonderful people who joined in on the celebration. You shared food, travel bugs, coins, and great stories. It was a blast and I wasn't totally exhausted after it was all done. Will I do it again next year? You bet!