vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Army Knife

Default Swiss Army Knife

I have had the Geocaching Swiss Army Knife software for a while now. I played with it once and never touched it again until this last week. Once I had the time to play with it this last week I could not believe all that it does. There is probably still more that I have not found yet. I think I will spend the $20 to get it. This beats the EasyGPS program by a long shot. Once I learned my way around it I fell in love with it. I like that I can upload my query's from GC to it and then upload them to my GPS and the names are shown on my GPS and not the GC numbers. Does anyone else use this program. Lets here some more inputs.
    Blazing Troll

I use GSAK and like it very well.

The registered version is better 'cause you always get notifications of updates.

I been using GSAK for some time and love it. I especially like the filtering capabilities. We are planning a trip to Texas this fall. The PQs gave me about 3000 caches on the way. With GSAK I was able to filter that down to about 250, that are within 10 miles of our route.

Default Perfect Timing!

I've been playing with EasyGPS a little for a few weeks and after this weekend am motivated even more to move toward paperless. The notebook has to go - just another thing I'm getting ridiculed about - LOL! Fortunately, I have a good sense of humor Looks like this program is worth checking out - I look forward to hearing more about it from those using it!

Default GSAK Rocks!

I agree, GSAK is an incredibly powerful tool, and it keeps getting better. One of the recent versions can now export directly to CacheMate, and it even queues up the file to go on my Palm the next HotSync! For some reason it won't talk directly to my Garmin GPSIII, though, but it only takes a few seconds to send everything over to EasyGPS.

Default Street Atlas USA

GSAK will also export a text file that you can hotsync to Street Atlas for the Palm that shows all the cache locations by Name or any other detail you want to export.

Default How do you do that?

Where do you go to send them to Street Atlas. That is something I can use.

Thumbs up Street Atlas

If you have version 2005, go to online support and updates ,http://www.delorme.com/support/streetatlas/sa2005hh.asp, and download the Advanced File Management update. Install it and choose the advanced option during installation. Run GSAK and filter whatever you want for caches. Go to File and Export Street Atlas Text file. This is my path to the SAVE location: C:\DeLorme Docs\Mobile Maps\Wpts Transfer\file.name….yours may be different but shouldn’t be if you installed on the C: drive. Under Cache Description Format you can put %NAME for the full name or %SMART for abbreviated name. Click on GENERATE and it will save the file to the above directory. If you check the BEGIN NOTE box, it will create the file ready to sync to the PALM. I cut and paste the file into the XXMapHHWptsSend.txt file between the BEGIN SYMBOL and END points. Just sync your palm and you should have all the caches on your Palm. Simple. Just be careful not to upload the same caches again or they will show up as multiples on your map. Filter by date placed or whatever you need to have only new ones in the export file. Easy as pie!! ...you don't need the update with version 2004.
    Last edited by parmachenee; 09-17-2004 at 07:00 AM.

Red face Simple?

LOL Is anyone else's head spinning!?!?! I'm excited about the paperless approach, but clearly have a bit to learn

Default Simple?

Did I hear Parmachenee say simple? I guess that is my nickname because that is all Greek to me.....lol. Maybe that is what WhereRwe was looking for Street Atlas to do for him as he was asking just that at the event the other day. You getting this at all Bruce? Seems like this is your answer.
    Last edited by Haffy; 09-16-2004 at 09:17 PM.