vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New TB Tags for Diabetes

Thumbs up New TB Tags for Diabetes

Just noticed on GC.com there are some new TBs for diabetes awareness and til they are gone, looks like they are going to be free for an application and agreement. MSD (a pharmaceutical company) seems to be doing something like the Jeep TBs.

I signed up for one - hope we gets lots to start their journey from Maine. There are many in this state effected by diabetes.

Health concerns are another area where Geocachers can help and get involved. YOU do all make a difference.

Will cancer research and awareness be next - personally I hope so! Both cancer and diabetes have touched my life.

Just an FYI for those you are interested.

We too have been touched by cancer. I lost a dear aunt to breast cancer this summer and Pete has lost both parents to cancer. We recently started leaving "Cure Cancer for ME" wristbands in caches. What a great "swag" item don't you think? Thanks, Hollora for bringing attention to such an important issue.

We bought our wristbands here:
    http://www.mainecancer.org/mechandise.shtml
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Just an FYI for those you are interested.
    I don't like the idea that they require your password...did they ask for your password for the jeeps? Something seems fishy...

It is being handled out of the GC forums so nothing to worry about. Jeremy already answered that question in the GC forums.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Yeah, I agree Cameo, I would like to participate but I can't see why they need my password. I would consent to the rest but that doesn't seem appropriate even if they are trying to verify that I am a geocacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    It is being handled out of the GC forums so nothing to worry about. Jeremy already answered that question in the GC forums.
    Ohhh....just made me wonder...thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun View Post
    Yeah, I agree Cameo, I would like to participate but I can't see why they need my password. I would consent to the rest but that doesn't seem appropriate even if they are trying to verify that I am a geocacher.
    I agree TRF....username should be sufficient. To each his own though, I guess if you feel comfortable giving it out, then you can...if not, then don't.

I'd still like to know if that was the case for the jeeps...I can't remember...does anyone remember if they required a password for the jeeps?

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo View Post
    I agree TRF....username should be sufficient. To each his own though, I guess if you feel comfortable giving it out, then you can...if not, then don't.

I'd still like to know if that was the case for the jeeps...I can't remember...does anyone remember if they required a password for the jeeps?

There was no requirement for a password to get a green jeep, Just your user name (understandably) and your mailing address. I guess Jeep verified it through gc.com.

I briefly looked through the GC .com forums but found nothing addressing why they need a pssword to get the TB. Maybe I missed the thread, like I said I looked quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Can you drop a link to this? Thanks in advance Haffy.

Edit: Okay, I searched and searched and this is what I found.
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 12-04-2006 at 10:39 PM.

I requested a Diabetes TB back in December, and I just received it in the mail today!