vb:literal>

Thread: Jeep TRavel Bugs

Default Jeep TRavel Bugs

Anyone have any interesting stories about those GREAT Jeep TB's? I was inspired to ask this when I was looking at a a log for a YJTB in a Canadian cache where the "releaser" said that they got it from "Honeychile" at Bumblebuttons.com. Cool! Glad she was included in the event!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=99707

Any tales to tell?

How about BRDAD - the great release of Maine YJTB's?

I can't say as I have any great stories to tell, other than it was fun to be the recipient of the original 40 caches that made it's way to Maine. I knew many people were excited to see them, so I borrowed MsTeeLee's camera and looked around town to find a place to take a picture of all of them to post in the gc.com forums (posted below).

I released the first one in my Battleship cache, which Sudonim grabbed as soon as he saw it listed, and he moved it to the Dislexic's nightmare cache, where it stayed for some time before someone finally retreived it (I think it's still logged into that cache, though ).

I released a few others myself, including 10 at JustJen's BBQ event, and I gave several away that day as well. I also mailed a few to Aefuss and LoonyLady, in order to get a few Jeeps into the more remote north and east areas of Maine.I tried to do my best to insure they got spread around the state.

I wonder how many of the original Jeeps are still in Maine vs. how many have come from out of state to Maine...

Default Yjtb's

I had the privilege of receiving 3 Jeeps at the annual BBQ event put on by the Geochicks. According to MY Cache Page: 1 is in the hands of Lewy of Kentucky, the 2nd is whereabouts unknown and the 3rd is in the hands of Starskyme of Maine. This is a photo of one of them that I placed in my cache on French's Mountain,which incidently is currently disabled because of vandalism but is to be activated soon I hope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeep TB 008 (Small).jpg 
Views:	1028 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	27  
    Last edited by Haffy; 12-06-2004 at 12:15 PM.

Default not just another boring business trip

Well, I've had more extreme advetures, but, this quest to place a jeep in a jeep park was a lot of fun.

This would have been even more fun if I hadn't tacoed the front wheel on my mountain bike the day before, but that's another cache!

And that reminds me...

Early in the game, I took a couple of YJTB's to New Brunswick, where they were VERY hapily received. Remember the guy from New Brunswick that was at the Beer & Wings event? He really appreciated the fact they they got a chance to participate.

I wonder why Jeep didn't include Canada? I've got those bugs on my watch list, and every log entry seems to ask the same thing...