vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A find or not a find...

Talking

LOL ,,,,,,close enough!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    There was one instance this summer where I found the cache but wasn't able to physically log into the logbook. There were about 3 or 4 muggles sittting on the log that it was hidden under and I waited for over an hour for them to leave but to no avail. I logged it as a find and now am taking all kinds of grief for it too.....lol. From now on I sign the logbook before I claim any find.
    I find stripping down to my shorts seems to clear an area of muggles in a hurry, and allows opportunity to check for ticks in those otherwise hard to reach places.

OK, seriously ... for me:

To log a find you must sign the log. If there is no log, or the log is too wet to sign, you must leave some sort of proof you were there. Either an extra slip of paper, your name scrathed into a pice of bark, etc.

There are always exceptions. The only example I can think of are grandfathered micros, of which some had an ID number inside the cover as opposed to a log book, and the cacher would email the onwer with the code for proof he was there. Geocaching.com now requires log books to be in all caches.

In some other instances, the cache owner may allow someone to log a cache despite him not actually finding it. While I would never do this (Well, there was "What In the World" cache, but don't tell anyone - and I have visited it before and after logging it), If the cache oner and the finder feel ok with logging this as a find, that is between them.

brdad said:

"In some other instances, the cache owner may allow someone to log a cache despite him not actually finding it. While I would never do this (Well, there was "What In the World" cache, but don't tell anyone - and I have visited it before and after logging it), If the cache oner and the finder feel ok with logging this as a find, that is between them."

And I gotta agree with that philosophy. In some cases you may not be able to log the cache - I still think we should have gotten credit for that cache that was removed a few days before we got there - but it is between the "finder" and the cache owner.

It shouldn't be the judgement of others as to whether you "found" the cache or not...