vb:literal>

Thread: Rubicon in '07

Default Rubicon in '07

Hope to find this cache next summer:
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...2-b8368f16ffc3
    If everything works out, we'll be on the Rubicon July 16th.
    Lot's to do on the Jeep before that happens, though!

man, must be nice to be able to take time off and go do stuff like this... i am jealous...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

That is one cool thing about working for a school district--6 weeks off in the summer (without pay, though, which kinda bites). My collection of parts is really piling up--gotta find time to get some of them installed. My mechanically inclined buddy is getting the old F-150 body out of his small garage so we can pull the Jeep in and work on it this winter.

We've started stripping down the 8.8 rear end--putting all new brake parts (rear discs will be nice!) and lines on, and need to remove the existing spring perches and weld on the new ones. Then we'll see about gears and a locker.

Got my new JKS adj. LCAs in the mail yesterday (nice eBay find), as well as a post '98 PS pump and bracket which I need to facilitate the install of the post '99 intake. We've got the TB that came with the intake bored to 60mm and it's a perfect match to the 60mm TB spacer.

The Rubion is said to be pretty tough to do with only 31" tires, so I'm really looking hard at the 33x9.5x15 BFG ATs. They are narrow so rubbing shouldn't be too much of a problem. Will have to do some major fender trimming, though, to get away with just a 3" lift (and some extended bumpstops, I'm sure).

That is a long ways to drive the jeep to go four wheeling. Are you going to be driving the jeep after all the updates your doing to it or are you trailering it?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    That is one cool thing about working for a school district--6 weeks off in the summer (without pay, though, which kinda bites). My collection of parts is really piling up--gotta find time to get some of them installed. My mechanically inclined buddy is getting the old F-150 body out of his small garage so we can pull the Jeep in and work on it this winter.

We've started stripping down the 8.8 rear end--putting all new brake parts (rear discs will be nice!) and lines on, and need to remove the existing spring perches and weld on the new ones. Then we'll see about gears and a locker.

Got my new JKS adj. LCAs in the mail yesterday (nice eBay find), as well as a post '98 PS pump and bracket which I need to facilitate the install of the post '99 intake. We've got the TB that came with the intake bored to 60mm and it's a perfect match to the 60mm TB spacer.

The Rubion is said to be pretty tough to do with only 31" tires, so I'm really looking hard at the 33x9.5x15 BFG ATs. They are narrow so rubbing shouldn't be too much of a problem. Will have to do some major fender trimming, though, to get away with just a 3" lift (and some extended bumpstops, I'm sure).
    are you posting this just to make me cry...

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    That is a long ways to drive the jeep to go four wheeling. Are you going to be driving the jeep after all the updates your doing to it or are you trailering it?
    Oh, we are driving (think Chevy Chase in Family Vacation). None of us has ever been out west so there's lots to see. The Rubicon (and Moab, UT on the way back) are my destinations. The girls want to see the Grand Canyon, Four corners, and so forth. As long as the money holds out, we should have time to make a fairly leisurely drive. My biggest concern is breaking the Jeep on the Rubicon--it has to last for the drive home!

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    My biggest concern is breaking the Jeep on the Rubicon--it has to last for the drive home!
    Think of it as a safety net... if you didn't have to drive it home, think of all the cool stuff you would drive (bust) it though. At least this way it's "almost" gauranteed to come back.