Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 81

Thread: RE: Tread Lightly 2007?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Right off the top of my head I can't think of any great 4WD caches, but a trip to the County is always a lot of fun . . . actually I take that back, I did one cache on Mars Hill that I drove to that was fun. I hope to get back to the County again this Summer . . . the State Park campground in PI is one of the greatest campgrounds I have ever visited.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Fairfield, Maine
    Posts
    357

    Default

    I'm up for a trip in any direction, though there is so much work do to on the Jeep and it just keeps adding up. Just noticed my rocker panels have rusted through, so we'll have to cut out the old ones and weld in a new set. I'm just a little scared about what we'll find under the carpet. You can buy a whole new floor pan, but cutting the old one out and welding in a new one is something I really want to avoid!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    I'm up for a trip in any direction, though there is so much work do to on the Jeep and it just keeps adding up. Just noticed my rocker panels have rusted through, so we'll have to cut out the old ones and weld in a new set. I'm just a little scared about what we'll find under the carpet. You can buy a whole new floor pan, but cutting the old one out and welding in a new one is something I really want to avoid!
    Try checking out www.4wd.com they've got a pretty good network of distributors and might be able to find somethin for ya.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Fairfield, Maine
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Yeah, they do have lots of cool stuff. Actually, rocker panels aren't too bad--about $120 for a pair at www.rockauto.com--it's just the cutting and welding that will be a PITA. Even a whole floor pan isn't all that expensive. It's a bit ironic, but the floor in the parts Jeep is rock-solid. If it wasn't such a hassle, I'd cut the floor out and save it. I did get the carpet out in one piece, which is in pretty good condition (albeit rather in need of a good cleaning).

    I picked up a new engine stand and I'm hopeful we can get the engine and tranny out this weekend. That will just leave the front axle to pull and the carcass can go to the crusher.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Ive been searchin and searchin, and I'm having trouble findin 4x4 caches... how bout havin it be more oriented towards a camping cache event and hope we come across some trails the jeeps will fit down???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Ive been searchin and searchin, and I'm having trouble findin 4x4 caches... how bout havin it be more oriented towards a camping cache event and hope we come across some trails the jeeps will fit down???
    That sounds good . . . have you looked at the area downeast near Machias and around the Airline. I think there may be some caches there that are located off the Stud Mill Road and may actually be some caches that could be done with 4WD vehicles -- even Toyotas!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    If we're looking at some caches that are not too technical, but there would be some non-tarred road driving here are a few suggestions for Downeast . . . maybe some of the guys from down that way can let us know of any others or if these would be appropriate candidates.

    Pineo Ridge Placement GC4E33
    X Marks The Spot GCA7D ???
    Clifford Lake Cache GCKAOY
    Pocomoonshine Package GC1785
    Polish It Off GCRSAH ???
    What a Relief GCG94G
    Blue Sky Golden Dreams GCKN57
    Bud's Cache GCXRXR
    "Chillin'" With the Troll King GCTRAR
    Steel Bridge Cache CGJFVO
    Duck Lake PRL GCYGEG
    Maine's Resident Rockstar GCKQCA
    West Lake Cache GC8675
    Cash Cache GCJRHJ
    Grand Falls Cache GCH4PY?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    I know of a primitive site just off the airline too, theres about 5 campsites right on the edge of the Machias R.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I know of a primitive site just off the airline too, theres about 5 campsites right on the edge of the Machias R.
    Sounds good to me . . . once again maybe some of the folks down that way can give us some ideas for caches and camping spots.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Sounds good to me . . . once again maybe some of the folks down that way can give us some ideas for caches and camping spots.
    are there any folks on GCM down that way?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •