vb:literal>

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: Tread Lightly 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    are there any folks on GCM down that way?
    10-44 and Rpapaman live down that way I believe . . . and I think Maniac and Dave have poked around that area some and may have some ideas of places that may be suitable for camping and Tread Lightly geocache spots.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

How's everyone feel about the weekend of June 30th???

The general consensus apears to want to explore the downeast wilderness. (I have a good primitive site in mind on the machias river, but was thinking it would be better to stay at a campground because then our sites would be garunteed and not a first come first get the good campsite [like omaha...], preferbably not a state park because they tend to frown upon adult beverages)

Mike do you want to do another tread lightly presentation (or somethin of the sorts to help us fall into the category of a cache event)

I've been scoping out some door prizes too, like roadside kits, towstraps, and portable utility flashlights.

Anyone have any thoughts about meeting at Dysart's in bangor? (it's no big stop, but it'll be a good start to roughin it)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

How's everyone feel about the weekend of June 30th???

The general consensus apears to want to explore the downeast wilderness. (I have a good primitive site in mind on the machias river, but was thinking it would be better to stay at a campground because then our sites would be garunteed and not a first come first get the good campsite [like omaha...], preferbably not a state park because they tend to frown upon adult beverages)

Mike do you want to do another tread lightly presentation (or somethin of the sorts to help us fall into the category of a cache event)

I've been scoping out some door prizes too, like roadside kits, towstraps, and portable utility flashlights.

Anyone have any thoughts about meeting at Dysart's in bangor? (it's no big stop, but it'll be a good start to roughin it)
    I can't speak for anyone else . . . obviously . . . but June 30th should work for me.

For me Dysarts is often the beginning or ending of an adventure while camping, ATVing, hiking, etc. so that would work well . . . it's no Homestead, but the food is pretty decent . . . plus it's still standing.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

. . . duct tape, wire ties and used Jeep parts.

Keep in mind that the end of June is the peak of black flie season.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    . . . duct tape, wire ties and used Jeep parts.
    Or I could put together a Toyota package, that includes a phone card and a list of tow truck services...

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Keep in mind that the end of June is the peak of black flie season.
    black flies???? those things still bother you? nothin a good layer of bug dope, a campfire, and a couple home brews can't fix.

besides we could always train the mosquitos to attack the black flies...

The end of June is fine with me--will be a good last shakedown for the Jeep before heading west. Should I put in our order for a weekend-long pelting rain storm now, or wait till a bit closer to the date?

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    The end of June is fine with me--will be a good last shakedown for the Jeep before heading west. Should I put in our order for a weekend-long pelting rain storm now, or wait till a bit closer to the date?
    Go ahead and put the order in now so we can be sure it'll be ready by then, what's night caching without a lil downpour??

Will you be able to do another tread lightly presentation for us mike?

Will you be able to do another tread lightly presentation for us mike?
    Sure, I'll come up with something--perhaps with flip charts and diagrams, or at least a PowerPoint.

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    Sure, I'll come up with something--perhaps with flip charts and diagrams, or at least a PowerPoint.
    Just make sure there's stickers . . . My 4Runner still has its sticker from last year.

--

On another thought . . . hey Hiram, how did the pic of my 4Runner on the snowbank in LA come out?