vb:literal>

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: RE: Tread Lightly 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    Unless we have it in Georgetown (we could all run the 'Con together!), it would have to be late July or August for me.
    I don't think Georgetown would work out too well... Does anyone have plans for late July yet??? (would give us more time to figure out a good route, I'm still not sure what downeast has in store for us...

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    It looks good, as long as you're at least 50' away.
    ahhh, kinda like, "she's got a body to die for, but a face that would make a freight train take a dirt road..."
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Ok, here are two areas that I'm considering; they're not way out there, but there in old loggin areas (fun riding)

the first spot I was considering was around the "west lake cache" GC8675
    there's lots of caches around that area, with a lots of primitive camping available

the second spot is around the "pocomoonshine" cache GC1785, there's about 3 caches in the area (but i have 3 ammo cans I can hide for the event too)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Ok, here are two areas that I'm considering; they're not way out there, but there in old loggin areas (fun riding)

the first spot I was considering was around the "west lake cache" GC8675
    there's lots of caches around that area, with a lots of primitive camping available

the second spot is around the "pocomoonshine" cache GC1785, there's about 3 caches in the area (but i have 3 ammo cans I can hide for the event too)

I'm game for either area . . . or both areas even . . . providing the dates work out.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Question remember last July?

Late July?! Well, I guess as long as we don't get the Jeep stuck again...or Hiram, are you thinking of making this trip top last year as the most memorable anniversary??
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Late July?! Well, I guess as long as we don't get the Jeep stuck again...or Hiram, are you thinking of making this trip top last year as the most memorable anniversary??
    why?? what's goin on in late july that we can reschedule around camping and jeepin???

Anyways... We didn't head out this weekend due to the weather, this weekend is looking more promising. So anyone that wants to join up can come along. We'll proably go camping both saturday and sunday as long was we both have monday off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    why?? what's goin on in late july that we can reschedule around camping and jeepin???

Anyways... We didn't head out this weekend due to the weather, this weekend is looking more promising. So anyone that wants to join up can come along. We'll proably go camping both saturday and sunday as long was we both have monday off.
    I would love to but this weekend I need to go do maintenance on my section of the Appalachian Trail and next weekend I am planning on going to Katahdin.
    Blazing Troll

Oh well...guess it'll just be the two of us!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Oh well...guess it'll just be the two of us!
    If you guys tell me where you're going I may make a guest appearance. Then again . . . maybe you guys want to be left alone!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    If you guys tell me where you're going I may make a guest appearance. Then again . . . maybe you guys want to be left alone!
    Yeah, if you interupt my fishin I'll be pretty pissed!!

Sat We're hopin to be campin out by West Lake (On map page 34 follow Rt 188 through Burlington until it goes to that light dotted line right between west lake and nictous lake) Hopefully we'll be able to get one of those sites at the end of the road.

sun we'll try for the campsite umm... i haven't planned that far... but itll be over by grand lake somewhere.

But what you could do is use your magellan coordinate system to find us, to do this take any random 5 numbers and multiply them by 23.7 and then arrange those numbers to make coordinates.

Question

Hope we didn't leave you in the dust FFJ...we had one heck of a trip, as Hiram describes in the next thread.
    Maybe next time when we hide caches??