vb:literal>

Thread: Our First Cache Find!!!!

Smile Our First Cache Find!!!!

Woohoo DooTrax and I finally found time to try and find our first cache. We decided on "Mattawamkeag Forks" which is fairly close to our home base. After standing right in front of the cache TWICE .. we finally spied it (actually DooTrax did first) when we slid down over the stumps in a different direction

Was alot of fun even with cold toes...we had a little trouble getting the box out of the hiding spot due to ice and frozen tree parts but did get it free and signed the log book and traded some goodies.

Sure wish it was spring..with freezing rain forecast for tomorrow it might make short work of us until the spring thaw. Of course I can use winter to think up a bunch of cache hiding spots in our area so stay tuned to the CountyTrax channel (CGDT).

Happy Caching
    CG

Congrats on your first find . . . hopefully the first of many . . . and congrats for finding this site -- a truly great place to ask questions if you have any . . . and trust me, many of us had questions when we first started out and many of us still have questions.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Don't let the winter stop you from caching. Although I don't do as much in the winter,I think winter caching has many advantages over summer caching. For one thing you don't have to worry about mosquitoes or ticks and another good thing is that you can usually follow the previous cachers footsteps right to the cache if there has been any snow. Just dress warmly and carry a stick or pole to poke around under that familiar hump of sticks.

Welcome to the addiction and before long you will be a whiz at finding them. With all the rail trail caches in your area you should find snowmobiling to them great fun. Happy Caching and welcome to our website.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Welcome aboard friends! Amen Haffy - there are some advantages to the snow but do carry a stick! Please enjoy, ask questions, attend events as you can and just enjoy the sport. Again - Welcome!

I remeber my first find, ohh so long ago...
    So MUCh more out there to find and yes, Spring WILL be fun next for me also..
    Happy Hunting to all and to all "CACHE ON!"
    Doing What You Love is Freedom
    Loving What You do is Happiness!