vb:literal>

Thread: Unlocking mapsource

Default Unlocking mapsource

I recently purchased City Navigator V8, North America. I have been told that I can only unlock the map once to down load to my GPS can anyone update me as to how this works. I have a 8 letter coupon

You will be able to send the information to two devices. You unlock it on your pc and from there you can select what you send to your gps. You will need to use that 8 character coupon code to redeem a 25 character unlock code. There is an unlock maps option under utilities when you are in mapsource on your computer. This will open a wizard which should walk you through the process.

Hope this helps!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Thumbs up Wow!

BC spoken like the pro I always knew you were. I suppose your DNF's will now be diminished with the new toy.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Is it true that I can only unlock and download one time if I only own one GPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    BC spoken like the pro I always knew you were. I suppose your DNF's will now be diminished with the new toy.
    Well, I have been hoping - LOL - but honestly I am still learning how to use it and since I didn't calibrate it correctly to start with my DNF's certainly didn't go away!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default It's true

Quote Originally Posted by Gelia View Post
    Yes, definitely unlock everything when you open it.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Once you have downloaded onto your computer you can send any number of maps to your GPS - all at once if the card is big enough or multiple different times if you can only do a few states at a time. The program will recognize your GPS and therefore knows that you have unlocked the software for it.

The wizard will also allow you to unlock for a second device and use in the same way that I described above for that device.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

You can unlock the map on all the computers you want as long as you have the code but you can unly unlock it to 2 GPSr's. That means you can only use those computers to send maps to two different GPSr's. I have the maps unlocked on my computer and my laptop as well as Shewolf's computer. I did wind up having to call Garmin when unlocking Shewolf's GPSr but they were very helpful.

I recently purchased City Navigator V8, North America. I have been told that I can only unlock the map once to down load to my GPS can anyone update me as to how this works. I have a 8 letter coupon
    The other replies not withstanding, it also depends on where you got your copy of City Navigator.

If you bought it on eBay, it might have been a copy that was bundled with a specific GPSr. If so, you can only have one additional unlock, and you have to get Garmin tech support to help you with it.

When load the software, the software should recognize your GPSr when you hook it up. Click on "utilities/get unit ID" and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post
    Once you have downloaded onto your computer you can send any number of maps to your GPS - all at once if the card is big enough or multiple different times if you can only do a few states at a time. The program will recognize your GPS and therefore knows that you have unlocked the software for it.

The wizard will also allow you to unlock for a second device and use in the same way that I described above for that device.
    I have a 1G card and when we travelled to Florida, I had the entire east coast on the GPS'r. Now I just have Me,Nh,Ma and Vt with City Navigator and Topo east. Well worth the money if you travel around New England. Be careful it's a micro SD card. Should be about 40.00 on line. Let us know how it works out for you.