vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheres the snow

Default Wheres the snow

Are we still living in the state of Maine?Didn't it used to snow here a few years ago?Maybe Rod Sterling has taken over and we are living in the twilight zone.Maybe we are in the bazarro world,where everything is backwards.But seriously the last few years really bite for those of us who love winter sports.The moosehead lake region is suppose to have snow and ice in Jan. and as I look out my window there is none.

I even climb up into tuckermans ravine on Mt. Washington a couple of weeks ago.It was snowing the day I was there,but they only got a couple of inches.My weather report from there today saids there is now a whopping 8"

I guess if we want to snowshoe this winter we may have to go to Colorado.Just venting!!

I agree!! The lack of snow is getting really depressing (I can only imagine how the people who depend on the snow (inn keepers, sled dealers, the ski resorts, ect...) must feel) I heard on the radio today that the country clubs are having the longest golf season in record history... and that on new years some of them are having tournaments!!!!! that's just wrong... today I was over in Harrington, stopped to get gas, and some lady was complaining that it was too cold out... IT WASNT EVEN FREEZING!!! lakes havent even buttoned over yet! If this global warming thing is going to keep up like this I'm moving!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I might be able to provide you with a lead on a place in Florida - lol - 'cause if things keep heading in this direction, they'll be getting snow and my parents will want to move back to the Northeast where it will be warm.

This is odd and disconcerting for sure!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Snow is over rated!! What we need is warmer weather, bring on the warm weather!! Solar Heat!! Beaches!! Cricket songs and warblers singing. Who needs frostbite and high fuel oil bills..

Happy New Year!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun View Post
    Snow is over rated!! What we need is warmer weather, bring on the warm weather!! Solar Heat!! Beaches!! Cricket songs and warblers singing. Who needs frostbite and high fuel oil bills..
    i totally agree!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

d’76 Guest

boy you guys are living in the wrong neck of the woods if you dont like the cold. I did peaked peak mountain today and it was refreshing to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun View Post

Happy New Year!!!!
    Don't forget the black flies and mosquitoes!!

Talking About that...

Quote Originally Posted by Starzz View Post
    Don't forget the black flies and mosquitoes!!
    I am leading the movement to send them all to CANADA to live.
    Happy Trails!

If it wasn't for the cold winter months and the deep snow us Mainers would never have the appreciation we have for those warm summer days.

Maine is definately a four season state.Each season having its own unique weather.Spring with its melting snow and its maple sugaring,turns into those hot days of summer with trips to the beach.Fall with all its colors and frosty mornings is gradually replaced by those crisp mornings and the deep snows of winter.Each season has something to offer to those who venture out.

Life is way to short of an experience to be wishing it away for warmer weather.So get out and enjoy the winter.

but the extreme cold it was kills most of the hibernating hatches of mosquitos and ticks, think of how bad they will be this summer!!!
    there will probably be more moose dying of tick infestation then there will be of hunters....

and whats with the high heating bills already??? it hasnt even gotten cold out yet!?!?!?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.